What Cameron Boyce's Death Means To Me
News

Cameron Boyce's Death Has And Will Always Have A Lasting Impact On Me

After news broke that Cameron Boyce had passed away, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.

143
Jaya Bhardwaj

Cameron Boyce was 20-years-old when he passed away on July 6, 2019. Not only did I grow up watching him on TV every single day for many years, but we were also the same age. I can't put into words how painful Cameron Boyce's death is. Devastating is an understatement. It breaks my heart that someone so young was snatched from his family and friends' lives. It breaks my heart that he never got to fulfill his true potential or experience the simple joys of life. But what hurts and scares me the most, is that he is a perfect example of how nothing is guaranteed.

It's impossible to even begin to think that someone who is 20-years-old could be here one day, and then gone in a second. No one should ever have to go to sleep hopeful and excited for tomorrow, just to never wake up. I close my eyes and think of how Cameron's parents and sister must feel, clenching my jaw as I think of how my own parents would feel if the same thing happened to me. It's unfair and it doesn't feel real. I cannot wrap my head around it.

I am adamant and practically paranoid about making sure the people in my life know that they are loved and cared for. It's how I've always been. I know sometimes it seems a bit silly and random to text a dramatic paragraph or to keep saying "I love you," but I do it because I care with every single part of me. I love with everything that I've got. And when something like Cameron's passing happens, it just makes me want to hug everyone that I love so tightly. I wish I could protect them from anything and everything.

Life is a journey. It's full of highs and lows, ups and downs, laughter and tears. It's exciting and it's scary, but regardless of how scary it can get, it's something that Cameron Boyce still deserved to experience. He deserved to soak up every single aspect of life, but his journey got cut short.

I would like to encourage anyone reading this to enjoy and embrace your life. Do not take it for granted. Do not take the people in your life for granted. Pay attention. Embrace the little things. Smile more. Laugh until your stomach hurts. Face your fears. Tell that person you love them while they are still here, not when it's too late.

My deepest condolences and love are forever with Cameron Boyce's family and friends. I wish them nothing but peace and happiness. He deserved more time. His presence was a gift, and he will never be forgotten.