Let Cameron Boyce's Death Be A Reminder Of How Precious (And Short) Life Is
News

Live like your days are numbered, because, well, they are.

10

Before diving into this article, my thoughts and prayers go out to Cameron Boyce's family and friends.

When I first saw on Instagram that Cameron had passed away, I honestly assumed that it was a joke until I researched it. I didn't believe it because someone so young seemed immune to death. But his death serves as a reminder to us all that no matter how young you are, your life can end.

As morbid as it sounds, you can die at any point in your life. Though in his case it was due to illness, it still should show us that healthy or not, death is unpredictable. No one was expecting it. No one can see death coming. This isn't to scare you, but to remind you that life is precious. When people tell you to appreciate life, take it to heart. Life is truly a gift.

Being a college student, life is pretty crazy and stressful. It is too easy to let days slip away without acknowledging how amazing it is to have them. Each day should count. Each day is a precious gift. Appreciate the breaths you take and the number of times you laugh. It can all be taken away in a blink of an eye.

It's hard to live life like that. Stress gets to us all. Who can possibly sit there and think, "I should appreciate these breaths I'm taking!" But when tragic events happen, that's what we should aim for: soaking up every moment we have. His death is so sad and everyone is processing it. I can't even imagine what his family is going through. But after the grief, it's time to let his death be a reminder for something positive.

Life is short. No one lives on forever, so it's important to live like that. Live like your days are numbered because, well, they are. So go after that dream career, kiss him or her, and live like it could all be over tomorrow. It could be over tomorrow, and that's a good thing because it forces you to enjoy every second of life. May Cameron Boyce rest in peace.