Walking In My Calling

Walking In My Calling

Following your heart.

7
wallpapershd

This Fall, I will be attending one of the best Art schools in the U.S. I am so proud to say that I am an Artist and I absolutely love what I do. Now, I didn't grow up stating that this was my dream or could even imagine that I would be in the art field but God had other plans. I grew up idolizing my late grandmother who was Nurse at a local hospital in Baltimore. I loved and admired how she was so committed and dedicated to her profession. I witnessed her genuine gift of taking care of the sick and most of all, she always put her patients first before herself. Because of this visual, I desired to be like her.

After high school, I enrolled in community college and majored in Nursing. Two years flew by as I waited and waited on this ridiculously long entry list to be accepted into the program. I remember attending a quarterly meeting with the Director of Nursing and I pleaded with her to allow me to start a class in the program while I take a few electives but of course that was not an option. I'm not going to lie, I was a proud "C" average student but I was very young and didn't realize that your current grades make a huge impact on your entry into a medical program.

I decided that I needed to think about what it is I really want to do. Is it Nursing? Is it my passion? I enrolled in a few dance and theater classes and completely fell in love. Sadly my grandmother passed and I remember her telling me before she transition that she wasn't going to be on earth to see me graduate but she's proud of me. My family and friends looked out and supported me as I was featured in shows and stared in my first theatrical play. I later decided to transfer my college credits to a University that helped in revealing to me my potential and brought out my many talents to share with others. I'm honestly not sure what would of happen if I just stayed on that waiting list but I know for a fact I probably would be miserable. There is nothing wrong with being a Nurse but that title is defiantly not for me.

Some people grow up visualizing one thing but you never know that God may have something else planned for you. As I walk in my calling, I can honestly say that I am so happy that I followed my heart and I don't regret any decision I made. I know my grandmother would be extremely proud and would be my biggest fan. I want to encourage you to not give up on your dreams. Keep striving no matter what. It may take a while to get there but don't worry it will happen when it's your turn to shine. Listen and follow the rhythm to your heart and walk in your calling.