10 Reasons To Call Your Mom And Dad More In College
College

10 Ways A Call To Mom And Dad Can Save You From A College Breakdown

Call your mom or dad.

363

It's that time of year where everything seems to come at you at once. Finals are here and you're trying to study, go to every review session, make sure all your professors know you tried hard this semester and you're still trying to take care of yourself. Sometimes it's OK to stare at your computer and cry because you're just so overwhelmed.

There is one thing you can do that might be better than just having a breakdown. Call your mom or dad.

1. It's just nice to hear your parent's voice.

Life can be busy so sometimes you might not call your parents as often as you should, but if you're thinking about it maybe you should. It's like a little piece of home while you're away at school.

2. They'll always ask how you're doing.

You might have been holding in the answer to this question all week, but when your parents ask how you're doing you can really tell them how you're doing. They won't mind if you vent to them and you basically just word vomit your past couple weeks to them.

3. They always have a good solution for a problem in your life. 

Whether if its what you should eat for dinner or how you should manage to study for 3 different test in one week. Somehow your parents just have a better solution then you could have ever come up with.

4. Even when you're hard on yourself your parents will tell you not to be.

You are the one that wants to have a perfect semester, but your parents are the ones to tell you to not be so hard on yourself. That everything will work out and that you'll be okay if you don't have all A's.

5. It's nice when they tell you about stories that happened when you were at school. 

Every time I call my parents I am the one to always ask how our pets are and if anything new has happened since I was last home. It's always good to hear a funny story about something.

6. They'll also be the ones to tell you to take a break and go relax.

Sometimes your parents have to tell you to take a break from studying and go relax because they just know when you sound exhausted.

7. They can say one word that makes you motivated.

Whether it's just a "you got this" or "it will all work out" sentence, it helps you out a lot.

8. They really are you biggest cheerleaders.

Having a phone call with your parents is like calling your biggest cheerleader and support team. It always seems like they have an answer to everything.

9. They don't care if you talk to them for hours.

Your parents might be busy and on the go, but they're never too busy to have a conversation with you just to talk.

10. They really are just a phone call away.

If you look at your phone and are thinking about calling your parents, go and ahead and do it. You won't regret it.