Dave Portnoy shows his view of the Call Her Daddy controversey.
News

Dave Portnoy shows his view of the  Call Her Daddy controversey.

Barstool Sports Dave Portnoy gives his "unbiased take" on what happened between himself and the hosts of the Call Her Daddy podcast.

363

The Call Her Daddy podcast hosted by Alexandra Cooper and Sofia Franklyn hit the top of the charts for their deep conversations about sex, relationships, and hook-up culture as a whole. Barstool offered a 3 year contract to Alex and Sofia after Dave Portnoy discovered Alex's Instagram and saw potential in the podcast. With over one million followers on Instagram, this power duo kept their fan base entertained with their weekly show until the beginning of April when they abruptly stopped releasing episodes.

On May 17th 2019, founder and president of Barstool Sports Dave Portnoy released a podcast called "Daddy Speaks" on Call Her Daddy's channel telling his side of the story regarding the controversy behind the hault in the production of the podcast. "They just stopped coming into the office." says Portnoy. He does not hesitate to drag the girls for the way they handled their contracts, and very early on in his explanation he makes it clear that he felt Alex did more of the work when it came to the podcast as far as editing and having a relationship with Barstool in general. He explains that Alex was rightfully more money than Sofia after a certain point.

El Presidente seems infuriated and feels betrayed by Alex and Sofia for trying to get out of their contract, even more so after they did not take the second deal he offered them which was a 50/50 contract. "I thought they'd sign it right there, that's how good of a deal." Though Alex recognized how great the deal was and wanted to take it, the issue appeared to be with Sofia Franklyn who did not want to accept because of her boyfriend Peter Nelson.

Portnoy also makes it very clear that he is not a fan of Peter Nelson or "Suitman" as mentioned in he podcast. He claims that Nelson was helping the girls shop Call Her Daddy around, and goes as far as to call him, " A bad guy from a James Bond movie who thinks he's way smarter than he is." Dave Portnoy basically blames the entire incident on Nelson, and says he is the reason the girls would not take the deal.

Before "Daddy Speaks" was released, The New York Post released an article saying Alex and Sofia no longer get along. Portnoy explains the reason for that may be because Alex wants to accept the deal he offered but Sofia does not want to make her boyfriend look bad by rejecting the deal he got her. The blame is being put on Sofiia and "Suitman", and Portnoy seems extremely confident in the fact that Peter Nelson is a bad guy in every way. However, Portnoy does say that what is going on between Alex and Sofia is very "he said she said."

A certain respect between Dave Portnoy and Alexandra Cooper is apparent, though it may be in spite of Sofia Franklyn and Peter Nelson. He mentions that Alex may be trying to do Call Her Daddy on her own without Sofia, though the details of that are unclear. Whether or not "Daddy Speaks" is unbiased is up for public interpretation, however it is important to keep in mind that this is the president of Barstool Sports we are hearing from. The girls posted on the Call Her Daddy Instagram page towards the end of April saying they could not legally talk about the situation, which Portnoy says was completely false. Despite what Dave Portnoy is saying, it does not make sense for Alex to stop communicating with their fans for no reason.

3 Tik Toks, a few Instagram posts and one "cancel suitman" sweatshirt later, Alex and Sofia have remained silent after Portnoy's storytime on Sunday. For the fan base of Call Her Daddy, the only public information they have is clearly one sided. Until Alex and Sofia decide to make a public statement about the situation, there is no telling when or if the show will start back up again. Weather or not "Daddy Speaks" is unbiased is up for public interpretation, however it is important to keep in mind that this is the president of Barstool Sports we are hearing from.