Buzzfeed Fired One Of Their Most Talented Personalities

Watch the ten most popular videos by Brittany Ashley.
18583

I'm a huge fan of Buzzfeed, particularly their quizzes and videos. You may be thinking, "Yeah, I saw a Buzzfeed video that I liked a few times." But you may not understand the severity of what I'm saying here. If I could wear a Buzzfeed hoodie, I would. At all times. If Buzzfeed called and offered me a job, I would drop out of college and move to L.A. One of my coworkers changed my job description to "Buzzfeed Quiz Taker" on my work website for a few days as a joke.

It's a serious love.

So essentially nothing was more dismaying to me to learn that Buzzfeed had fired one of my favorite personalities, Brittany Ashley, for violating the non-compete clause in her contract. Politico reports that Ashley and fellow Buzzfeed Motion Pictures worker Jenny Lorenzo were fired for appearing in a web series produced by America Ferrera.

Ashley has not openly criticized Buzzfeed, and tweeted that fans should continue to support her friends on the BFMP staff, but did also send this not-so-cryptic tweet:

As a fan of the self-proclaimed lesbian sweetheart for America, I've compiled a list of the Top 10 Buzzfeed video projects starring Brittany, based on views. Just so you know, I looked at over 60 videos featuring Brittany, and every video in the top ten has over 4.5 million views.

1. Dating: Now Vs. The '90s

2. What It's Like To Be Stoned At The Grocery Store

3. People Cover Up Regrettable Tattoos

4. People Use A Bidet For The First Time

5. 10 Things Only People With Attention Problems Understand

6. 7 Things Only Middle Children Understand

7. 13 Reasons Having An Opposite-Sex BFF Is Awesome

8. 9 Questions Gay People Have For Straight People

9. 13 Things Only Siblings Will Understand

10. Masturbation: Guys Vs. Girls

Adding up the views of all of these videos, there are over 72 million views. Is Buzzfeed losing something more than just a face?

Want to see more of Brittany? Check out two of her Buzzfeed series: Temporary and Lesbian Princess. And watch the trailer for Gente-Fied, the America Ferrera backed web series that led to Brittany and Jenny's parting.