In This Busy World, Take A Moment For Yourself

Even if it's just for five minutes, take a moment to put your mind at rest

44
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-holding-gray-ceramic-mug-846080/

It's easy to make yourself busy and over-involved in life.

There are a million things you could do, and a million things you may want to do. Sometimes, you choose to do those things and find yourself constantly busy with no time to relax. In fact, it can almost feel as if you are always doing things for everyone else but have no time for yourself. However, sometimes you have to be selfish and take a moment to yourself.

Being busy can take a lot out of you, especially if you are involved in multiple commitments. College especially is a time for being busy; many students are involved in extracurriculars and work or intern in addition to taking classes. It may not seem like you have much time for yourself, but even if it's just for five minutes, take a moment to put your mind at rest.

Constantly working on something and having your brain feel like it's constantly speeding to keep up isn't healthy. Having even just a few minutes where you can take a deep breath, relax, and not think about anything can help you to de-stress a little and calm down.

In this busy world, it's easy to get caught up in your work and responsibilities without thinking about yourself. Every time you feel overwhelmed, take a break where you can just focus on yourself and block out the stresses of the world for a while.