10 Ways To Make A Busy Morning Less Stressful

Whether you're in college, have an early morning high school schedule, or leave for work before the sun wakes up, we are all looking for ways to make the morning less stressful. After all, five more minutes of sleep is always worth it. Here are 10 ways to simplify an otherwise hectic morning.

1. Lay out your clothes the night before.

You don't have to be locked to these choices but there is nothing more frustrating than waking up late and having nothing to wear. Giving yourself at least one option will take a ton of stress off.

2. Braid your hair before bed.

Who has time to straighten or curl your hair at 6 in the morning? Trick question. No one. Control your chaos and braid your hair the night before for little to no maintenance the next morning.

3. Make sure 100% of your makeup is off.

While it may take a moment more at night, making sure you wake up with out raccoon eyes make your makeup routine 10 times easier.

4. Idolize your concealer.

There is something to be said for a good concealer. On days where you don't need as much makeup, conceal and be done. You'll look awake, refreshed, and natural.

5. Prepare your breakfast the night before and stick it in the fridge.

Start your day on the right foot with some great breakfast prep. Make a smoothie or breakfast bowl the night before and stick it in the fridge. Pinterest is FULL of wonderful on the go breakfast recipes.

6. Blow dry your already dry hair.

While this may seem pointless, a blow dryer can add body to otherwise sad and flat hair. Spend two minutes and give your dry hair the lift it needs.

7. Dry Shampoo the day away.

Dry shampoo is a gift to human kind. Experiment with different brands and find one that fits you best. There is no better way to fix a greasy morning.

8. Keep your mascara in place with clear eye brow gel.

This is a lifesaver for me. Somehow and some way, I always end up with mascara under my eyes. Every. Single. Day. Running over your mascara with a clear eyebrow setting gel will keep it in place all day long.

9. Order your morning coffee online.

There is nothing more annoying than a 20 person line at Starbucks. Beat the system and place your morning order before you even leave the house.

10. Set your alarm 10 minutes earlier than you think you need to.

Now hold on, I know this sounds less than ideal. BUT, giving yourself a moment to breathe or even just lay in bed another minute makes your morning 10 times less stressful. Who knows what crazy thing will happen in the morning; leave yourself a cushion.

There is nothing worse than leaving for work or class feeling disheveled, stressed out, and sweaty. Whatever you can do to make your morning easier to manage should be worth it. These ten tips are easy to implement and the outcomes are priceless.