Bullying Does Not Stop Once You Leave High School, Even Princesses Can Get Bullied

Even the Duchess of Sussex got bullied for her wedding dress.

144
YouTube

There are many things I have learned throughout my life as a student. From elementary school to now, a freshman in college, I’m surprised at all of the life lessons I learn each and every day. But one lesson I learned early on has always stayed with me: there is no tolerance for bullying.

I was bullied in elementary school, middle school, and the first couple of years in high school for many different reasons that still don’t make sense to me at all. After people finally stopped bullying me, I was the one that made sure no one would have to endure the same treatment.

In elementary school, bullying is typically kept under control because, at that age, most kids are more likely to tell their parents or teachers. Middle school is an entirely different concept, almost an entirely different planet.

Boys learn that girls are attractive and in fact don’t have cooties. Girls learn that once another girl wears the same shirt except her “boobs” look better, they are enemies for life. That same stupidity continues until people finally start being more mature.

The problem with middle school and high schoolers being bullied are that those students are much less likely to tell a parent or a teacher. They are too embarrassed or they think they can handle it on their own, but in reality, it’s just detrimental to their mental health.

It doesn’t just stop there. For those who still haven't reached maturity, bullying can continue through college and even into the real world. Just look at all of the comments from housewives on Meghan Markle’s wedding dress:

“Am I the only one disappointed by Meghan Markle’s dress????”

“Why is no one talking about how lame Meghan Markle’s dress was?”

“Meghan Markle’s dress needed another fitting.”

Or, “So underwhelmed with Megan Markle’s dress.” This one couldn’t even spell her name right.

It’s obvious Meghan loved her dress, otherwise, she wouldn’t have been wearing it. The fact that people took the time out of their day to try to state their opinion on the Duchesse’s wedding dress is sad and just proves how jealous people can be, even after three houses, yoga class and mimosas in every morning.

No one deserves to be treated poorly. No one deserves to be targeted for being different. Above all, no one deserves to be bullied with words or with violence.

The next time you see someone being bullied or being picked on, offer help or go tell someone who can. But most importantly, pray for the bully. God knows that in 20 years they’ll be sitting in their $4 million dollar home, drinking a mimosa and wondering if “Karen is going to wear that ugly sports bra to yoga.