Software Review: Bulk Crap Uninstaller

Software Review: Bulk Crap Uninstaller

Clean out your PC with just a few clicks.

232
Software Review: Bulk Crap Uninstaller
Peter Mulroe

If you're anything like me you enjoy having a fast computer. Waiting more than a two seconds for Microsoft Word to open makes me want to puke.

Race cars gut all but the essential components to not waste horsepower. Here, imagine your processor is the engine and those 14 printer companion programs (looking at you HP) are dead weight.

You could uninstall junk programs one-by-one but that's nauseatingly time consuming. Plus the Windows uninstaller merely looks for the uninstall command in a program's files. It performs little analysis and leaves crumbs behind. Not a big deal but I figured there had to be a better way.

I've used 3rd party programs like PC Decrapifier and Revo Uninstaller to clean things out. Revo is better at removing all program files but still has to be done one-by-one.

PC Decrapifier was nice because it allowed a queue of multiple programs to uninstall, saving tons of time. But it was under-supported and as it aged seemed to recognize less and less software, making it quite useless.

More recently I started searching for a better alternative. That led me to Bulk Crap Uninstaller and I think it's just dandy.

Why I love it:

First, it's open source. AKA free.

Second, it combines the best of both worlds: it finds pretty much anything that can be uninstalled and sweeps all the crumbs. The interface is also straightforward and can be explained to a toddler.

In under 5 minutes anyone can efficiently clean their machine of built-up software and bloat.

Just check all the boxes you want and click to drop the guillotine.

87 pre-installed games? Seeya.

14 printer apps? Gone. (seriously HP nobody wants it)

8 internet toolbars on Grandma's PC? Bye bye.

Be a little careful to not uninstall something important like the whole Microsoft Office suite, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

Save your valuable time and machines, give Bulk Crap Uninstaller a try. Download it right from the author with that link, Windows only for now.

Leave a comment here or Tweet to discuss with me! @pjmulroe