Things to do in Minnesota this summer

Summer 2018 has officially started and its important to get the most out of this three-month period. However, if you're anything like me, you don't want to blow your entire wallet for a good time. So, here's a list of 20 things to do in the Twin Cities area for $10 or less.

1. Walker Art Center and Minneapolis Sculpture Garden

https://walkerart.org

Price: free admission Thursday nights

Normally $15 per person, Walker Art Center offers free admission on Thursday nights where you can look at amazing contemporary art pieces for no cost.

2. Miniature Golf

https://www.cancanwonderland.com

Price: $2-$8 per person

Find the closest location here and enjoy some fun miniature golf courses with friends this summer

3. Minnesota Landscape Arboretum

Author's photo

Price: free admissions on the third Monday of each month

Plan ahead and make it to one of the prettiest arboretums in Minnesota.

4. Minneapolis Farmers Market

Author's image

Price: free admission (bring your wallet though)

The Minneapolis Farmers Market (especially Saturday Mornings) is definitely one of my all time favorite attractions. Enjoy hundreds of stands selling fresh produce, hand-picked flowers, local food stands, clothing and jewelry.

5. Minnesota's Largest Candy Story

www.minnemamaadventures.com

Price: Food Purchases

Take some friends and drive up to Minnesota's Largest Candy Store enjoy the large selection of candies and sodas

6. Vali-Hi Drive-In Theatre

www.twincities.com

Price: $9.50 per person (ages 12 and under: $1)

Go online to find out what movies are playing and take some friends and a pick up truck to enjoy an old-fashioned drive-in movie.

7. Minneapolis Institute of Art

Author's image

Price: free admission

On a rainy day, head out to Minneapolis Institute of Art and view art throughout the ages

8. Cascade Bay

i0.wp.com

Price: $9 after 5pm (guests, under 42"and Seniors: $7)

You're never too old for water parks. Cascade Bay offers lazy rivers and countless water slides to enjoy with friends

9. Quarry Park And Nature Preserve

stmedia.startribune.com

Price: free admission

Face your fears and jump off of cliffs with some friends at Quarry Park. You can also enjoy other swimming and hiking attractions

10. Como Zoo & Conservatory

www.comozooconservatory.org

Price: free admission

Not only do you get to see animals and plants from around the world, but Como Zoo and Conservatory is also free to the public. Make sure to take advantage of this attraction at least once this summer.

11. Guthrie Theater’s Amber Box and Endless Bridge

Author's image

Price: free admission

You don't need to spend all your money on plays this summer because the Guthrie opens its building to the public. Take the elevator up to 9th floor to the Amber Box and get a 360-degree view of the city in a yellow-tinted window room. Then, go to the Endless Bridge, a balcony that extends 178' from the face of the building.

12. Minnesota Nice Cream

snworksceo.imgix.net

Price: $6-8

Enjoy some tie-die or hand-dipped cones, edible glitter, and endless toppings at this local ice cream shop.

13. Minnehaha Regional Park

fthmb.tqn.com

Price: free admission

This regional park located near St. Paul is definitely one of the prettiest places to hike in Minnesota. Make sure to check out the famous Minnehaha Falls while you're there.

14. The Hi-Lo Diner

anniewin.com

Price: food purchases

Housed in a 1957 diner, the Hi-Lo Diner serves amazing dishes that offer a unique twist on donut-style dishes and other American Staples.

15. St Anthony Main Falls and Main Street

Author's image

Price: free admission

One of the prettiest and most historic places to see in the cities, Saint Anthony Main Street lets you walk stone streets with a great view of the Mississippi River and skyline. Catch a movie, walk the Stone Arch Bridge, or get something to eat at one of the lively restaurants along the river.

16. Mall of America

www.minneapolis.org

Price: Free Admissions (Bring your wallet though)

Don't forget to visit the renowned mall Minnesota is known for. If you have extra time, take the rope and zip line course at Nickelodeon Universe, or go to Flyover America and see famous American Landmarks from the sky with this 4D screen experience. ​

17. Picnic at a beach (Fish Lake Regional Park, Cedar Lake, Lake Harriet, Wayzata Beach, etc.)

Price: $0-$7 depending on location

Many regional parks and beaches offer free access to some famous Minnesota lakes so grab a blanket and food and spend the day in the sun.

18. Midtown Global Market

cdn.vox-cdn.com

Price: free admissions (bring your wallet though)

This national landmark is a must see if you like ethnic, award-winning food, shopping, and entertainment.

19. Road Trip to Duluth

Price: Gas

Road trips don't have to be an expensive endeavor. Grab some friends and chip in for gas. Find some Duluth attractions here and maybe even go up to Lake Superior and Gooseberry Falls while you're in the area.

20. Bryant-Lake Bowl in Uptown

upload.wikimedia.org

Price : $2/game Sunday nights ($5/game normally)
Take part in some cheap bowling games and while you're in the area, explore uptown and all of its unique shops.

So, have fun this summer and make the most of the good weather while it lasts. There are plenty of cheap things to do in the cities, so take advantage of every opportunity without breaking your bank account.