10 Inspirational Bucket List Ideas

10 Things On My Bucket List That Just Might Inspire You To Make One, Too

Carpe diem!

103

It is always surprising to me to see how many people my age don't have bucket lists. Though mine has changed constantly, one thing remains true: having a bucket list inspires me to work hard and make the items on the list happen and not to just wait around for them to cross themselves off my list. It is also a reminder, as harsh as it sounds, that living every day isn't a given, and we have to appreciate what we have and make the most of it.

So without further ado, here are some things on my bucket list—and maybe you'll want to add one of them on yours too!

1. Try every bagel at Bagel and Deli

Bagel and Deli Shop / Instagram

I'm a sucker for Bagel and Deli, but one goal is that before I graduate, I want to try every single bagel sandwich!

2. Meet Stevie Nicks

I've always wanted to hug the gypsy queen!

3. Get a PhD in comparative literature

This one is actually well underway at the moment: I'm currently starting an accelerated master's program in French while getting my BA in English Literature. I couldn't pick one or the other, so I am deciding that later on, I'll just pick both!

4. Complete El Camino

I'm not exactly an outdoorsy girl, but I have heard from so many people that completing the El Camino trail is a transformative and spiritual experience.

5. Learn how to play the guitar solo in "Hotel California"

This is one of those really random ones, but I think it would be so amazing to be able to do this! It would really make me appreciate the music even more, that's for sure.

6. Go to a music festival

Electric Forest or Coachella sounds like so much fun. I've always wanted to go to one of those and live out my boho dreams.

7. See a wild polar bear

Not to be a downer, but I definitely would love to see one of these before it is too late.

8. Meet Paulo Coelho

I've read a lot of his books and always enjoy how prophetic and wise he seems. I would love to get an autograph.

9. Go to every country in Europe

Mapswire.com

I've had the tremendous opportunity to go to a few, but places like the Netherlands, Spain (for more than just a day), Portugal, and Luxembourg are at the top of this list.

10. Skydive

This is probably a cliched thing to put on your list, but I think this definitely is something I'll want to do once before I die...if I can muster up enough courage to make the jump!

My list is a lot longer, but these are definitely ones that I will work my best to make happen! They may seem random, and they may seem impossible, but why not? We only have one life, so let's make it one that's worth living.