High Demand for Kpop Sensation BTS in the Southeast USA

There's A High Demand For BTS In The Southeast

With their next world tour on the way, certain areas of the Southeast want to be noticed too

2669

Few people know of BTS and the love their fans carry in their hearts. With the upcoming Love Yourself World Tour, fans across the nation are waiting eagerly for BTS to visit their city.

However, one section of the US that is patiently waiting for a tour date announcement from the popular k-pop group is the southeast, primarily the states of Georgia and Florida. Back in 2015 during the Highlight Tour, a member of the group announced they will come back with a new and larger performance, however that tour would be the first and final time to see BTS in Atlanta. Ever since then, fans of the southeast have been pouring all their intense effort to bring them back once more.

April of 2018, BigHit Entertainment –– BTS's management, announced the first half of the world tour dates. Adding Europe and several North American dates, fans were ecstatic with the news.

Southeastern ARMY (BTS fan name) looked for a tour date within the area but found none. Ever since that half of the dates being released and the second half to soon be released, fans throughout the southeast have been putting hashtags together to be noticed by the group and BigHit Entertainment; the tags used are #LYTourAtlanta and #LYTourFlorida.

You may think,

Isn't that selfish?

Have you thought about their health?

What about the surrounding states in the southeast?

Let me speak to you, as an ARMY from the southeast, I'd like to address issues that people deem unethical from us. It may sound selfish but in all honesty, the purpose we are serving is completely different, the use of these hashtags is to be noticed by the group and company and hopefully get a tour date. We're not pressuring them to throw in a random date just to please us. We think about their health all the time. If they don't feel good by the time they add the final tour dates, then we don't mind them not being able to come.

Furthermore, of course, we would love the major cities in the southeast to see BTS, however, that's time-consuming on their part. The city of Atlanta is a hub for surrounding states in the southeast. Think about the Hartsfield-Jackson Airport, it's the busiest airport in the world. People from the Carolina's, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, northern Florida, and Virginia come to Atlanta to travel in this airport alone. It's a convenient area for most of the southeast and it would be easy for BTS to have a concert in a popular area.

Another point I'd like to add is the fact that Coca-Cola HQ is located right here in Atlanta. BTS is partnered with Coca-Cola Korea for FIFA World Cup and having them come to the birthplace of everyone's favorite drink would bring huge promotions on their and Coca-Cola's part, making them global in the world of Coke.

Florida is also a wonderful place to host a concert as well, more specifically Miami and Orlando. Not all of Florida can attend a concert in Atlanta since it's distance from Miami is approximately 9 hours driving and 2 hours flying. Plus, the cost to book a hotel room, food, rent a car (if flying), and the ticket price itself, is too much for an average fan. A concert venue in Miami is accessible for a great deal of Floridian ARMY.

Orlando is another area to consider likewise. A considerable amount of Florida ARMY are young adults and teenagers, who have a job, are still attending school, or don't have a license yet. We don't have the money to drive/fly to Atlanta to witness a BTS concert, as much as we would love to. Not only that, since most of us are teenagers, most of our parents won't let us go to another city in another state by ourselves. It'd be helpful for a concert in either Orlando or Miami to allow South Florida to attend a concert nearby without any issues.

A similar project to these tags occurred in 2016 when BTS had announced their WINGS World Tour however it backfired badly when there was no tour date released in the southeast. Even though the previous project didn't work the way we expected there is still hope we can bring them here, if not now then later. With all this said, I hope you, the reader, think about this and spread the word. Thank you for taking time out of your busy life to read this. It means the universe to the southeastern ARMY.