No one wants to admit it, but there are certain aspects to life which can be harsh, yet valid. Whether you've lost a friend, faced confrontations or suffered through self-esteem issues, here are 10 valuable life lessons that will break you down and build you back up once you've experienced them.
1. You can't make everyone happy.
Not everyone can be pleased, and we should compromise our beliefs and values for that.
2. Someone is always going to be more successful than you.
Stop comparing yourself to others! You are your own person and your success and worth cannot be compared to that of others.
3. Investing in yourself is not selfish.
At the end of the day, it's always just you. Taking some "you" time and doing things with your interests at heart is the most worthwhile thing you could do.
4. Your appearance makes a difference.
Even though we shouldn't, we are constantly being judged for how we present ourselves.
5. Some people are just not meant to stay in your life.
No matter how badly you want them to, you can't force any sort of relationship.
6. We focus on what we are losing instead of what we really need.
Looking at this through a different perspective or from someone else's could completely change your stance on anything.
7. People will usually be interested in how you can benefit them.
People use others for their own needs- it's human tendencies.
8. Your obsession with finding happiness is what prevents its attainment.
Stop seeking happiness! It should be something that occurs naturally, and it's a much better feeling when it happens this way.
9. You can't be perfect.
Holding yourself to unrealistic standards is self-destructive.
10. Stop dwelling.
You can't change the past or control the future, so just let life run its course.