To All Of My Brown Eyed Babies, Don't Forget That We're Unique And Beautiful, Too

An eye color doesn't make someone any less unique or beautiful.

143

As I was talking to one of my friends, we came to the conversation of brown eyes. After complimenting me on mine and me doing the same for him, it suddenly hit me. I have this fascination with brown eyes, on ANYONE. I know that they are so common. I also know that everyone wishes that they were lighter, or had specks of green in them or maybe just a different color altogether, but I've learned to love and admire the beauty that is brown eyes.

I mean brown eyes in themselves are just as unique as blue or hazel eyes. So are green eyes, but those are little rarer to find.

I feel like brown eyes get such a bad rap because everyone is always in awe of the people with blue or green eyes. People tend to think that you're normal or basic if you have brown eyes because so does Sally, Jane, Maggie, Joey, and Parker and on and on and on. But just because someone else has the same thing that everyone else has doesn't make that thing less beautiful or special. Just because everyone has the same picture doesn't mean that the moment the photo captures is any less significant.

I found my immense love of brown eyes a few years ago when I met a friend of mine and became absolutely mesmerized by his big brown eyes. I quite literally could not stop looking at them. It was like all of the sudden something switched and suddenly all I saw were brown eyes, and I couldn't stop looking for them. Maybe it was part of me coming into my own because around that same time I was finally starting to become confident in myself again and with me having brown eyes…maybe that is why I suddenly saw brown eyes in a new light.

I hope that whoever reads this, male or female, knows that they are beautiful, big, brown eyes. I want you to know that just because you may have something that a lot of other people have doesn't mean that you are any less unique or special.

So, dear brown-eyed boy or girl, I love the way the light hits your eyes in the morning, and the way they sparkle when you laugh or smile. Never lose that, and always be proud of it. For all of us with brown eyes, I hope you find someone who loves your perfectly common yet perfectly unique brown eyes as much as I do.