Brothers: You Had More Of An Impact Than You Think

You three have helped me know not to settle and always know I am worthy

177

Growing up with only brothers, three to be exact, hasn't been easy, but it has certainly been an adventure.

The three of them could relate to each other more than they could to me. They went through a lot of the same things while I was kind of on my own. We hung out and had fun for sure, but I am a girl and some things guys just don't get or want to get.

What they don't know is I have been watching them, which definitely sounds creepy now that I reread that, but I have been watching them in a good way (not a creepy way). I have been listening too, and they have been one of the biggest influencers in my life.

I know my worth and I know how I should be treated because of them.

Watching my brothers in relationships has been amazing. All of them are different in their own ways, but they all treat each of their girlfriends with the same amount of love and respect. They dote on them and make sure they know they are loved. They have shown me what healthy and loving relationships are and how I should be treated in my own relationships.

They always build me up instead of tearing me down.

Sure we argue and fight, but at the end of it all they are still my brothers and I am still their sister (favorite one too, even though I am the only one). Without even saying words sometimes they make me feel special and beautiful and loved. They build my confidence and make me feel like a total catch.

They are the amazing examples of what good young men should be like. Sure they are still growing and not quite "men" yet, but they are well on their way to becoming amazing people.

My brothers are fun and loving and entertaining and annoying and loud and obnoxious and the absolute best adventure I have had in my life thus far and I wouldn't want it any other way.

I am forever thankful for the love they have shown me and the lessons they have taught me even if they don't know they have taught me them.

So thank you, to the three young men who continuously build me up, help me have the confidence to be myself, know my worth and never settle, and go out into the world and be the best version of myself I can be.