Screw Girl Code And Bro Code, It's Just Human Code

Simply put, if you see someone looking uncomfortable, do something about it.

379

Girl code is an unspoken list of rules that girls have to follow in order to be a good friend or even just a good person. They involve relationships, clothes, appearance, confidence, and honesty.

Some main ones include: Don't date your friend's ex. (even if you ask them and they give you permission)

Wait until your friend is in the house before you drive away(It seems like a common courtesy, but you don't know how many people don't do it.)

Don't let your friend go to the bathroom by herself, even if she's just touching up her make-up (You can wait a few minutes to eat your food)

assets.rbl.ms

Bro code is an unspoken list of rules that guys(bros) have to follow in order to be a good friend or even just a good person. They involve relationships, family and romantic, and honesty.

Some main ones include: Bros before hoes unless you're putting a ring on it (sometimes not even then)

You will always be a wingman for your bro (and a good one)

Always offer the last of anything to your bro (even if it's the last piece of your favorite pizza)

assets.rbl.ms

Both Girl code and Bro code have good points, but why isn't there a gender-neutral code? I'm not saying this in defense of the LGBT community, but as a girl who has multiple guy friends as well as multiple girl friends and is not the only one in this position.

Guys say bros before hoes, but in the scenario am I the hoe or a bro? I'm hoping the latter, but I don't know. Wouldn't it be easier if it was mates before dates? There's no confusion and it makes sense for guys and girls and the exception would still be marriage.

I think that the girl code rule of waiting until your friend is inside should apply to both bros and girls. You want to make sure that your friend gets inside safe and that they didn't lose their key or forget their phone in your car. And if you're feeling extra nice, you could walk them to the door or inside, and get yourself a cup of chocolate milk.

A lesser known bro code rule is that if your bro's girl calls and asks where he is or what he's doing, you don't know. I think this should be applied to everyone. If your bro or friend didn't tell their significant other where they are or what they're doing, it's not your responsibility to throw them under the bus. In fact, it's better to just plead the 5th.

Girls have a policy to save any girl from a creepy guy, even if they've never met each other. I think this should be across the whole playing field. People only think of girls as being targets, but guys can be as well. Simply put, if you see someone looking uncomfortable, do something about it.

And finally, one of the most important, tell your bro or girl friend if their significant other is cheating on them. Even if they hate you for it, you did the right thing because it would be worse if they found out you knew and did nothing.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with saying girl code to your friend when you ask her to walk with her to the bathroom. I'm not saying when one of your bros is checking out another bros' girlfriend, you shouldn't say bro code. I'm saying that these rules don't just belong to a specific gender, but mankind as a whole.