Here Is Your 2017 #15Fest Lineup

Here Is Your 2017 #15Fest Lineup

See you in April!

26
Here Is Your 2017 #15Fest Lineup
Stephen Arnold // Unsplash

Are you ready for Athens, Ohio's Number Fest!? I know I am! Here is your #15Fest lineup!

FRIDAY:

1. WAKA FLOCKA

The man who is a college kid at heart and will continue to be for many years to come. His song "No Hands" will forever be a smash hit. Waka Flocka, also known as Waka Flocka Flame, is a Southern rapper associated with Gucci Mane and his So Icey Entertainment enterprise. Born Joaquin Malphurs in Jamaica, Queens, New York, he moved to Riverdale, Georgia at age 9 and later stayed in Atlanta, Georgia, where he launched his rap career.

2. HEROBUST

Hayden Kramer, better known as Herobust, is a Bass Music producer from Atlanta, Georgia. Most known releases include “Skurt Reynolds” via Mad Decent, “Sheknowshebad” via SMOG, and “Pump This (with Snails)” via Owsla. “I’m Aloud” is Herobust’s latest EP, released via Mad Decent.

3. CRANKDAT

19-year-old Ohio native Christian Smith, more commonly known as Crankdat, first broke out onto the dance music scene in 2015 with his viral remix of Fetty Wap’s “Trap Queen” which has accrued 120+ million total streams to date.

4. YOOKiE

Instruments put into harmony for those willing to lend themselves, their ears, and their youth. A bass melody that continues to bounce through your pulse all night long. A perfect form of pure energy. It all centers around a single name: YOOKiE.

5. LANCELOTT

Lancelott, an EDM artist who resides in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains of Kentucky, has gained great recognition locally. He recently hit the festival scene by storm, including Breakaway Music Festival among many others.

6. BLUE

Although I couldn't find any of his music, over the past 15 years DJ/drummer/executive producer Blue has spent a good portion of his professional career involved in the general music industry in a variety of different capacities. He has co-produced and co-written songs with several local artists and continues to be a mentor to many new up-and-coming artists across all music genres.

SATURDAY:

1. YOUNG THUG

Young Thug was born in Atlanta, Georgia, and is the second youngest of his 10 siblings. Jeffery Williams, which is his given name, later moved to the Jonesboro South projects where he developed his rapping skills. After releasing his first three mixtapes, Thug caught the attention of veteran Atlanta rapper Gucci Mane, who introduced him as a new artist in 2013.

2. JAUZ

Genre blending has always been a main talent of Jauz; the project of 21-year-old, LA-based and Icon Collective graduate, Sam Vogel. Over the course of the past few months we have seen the young star rise, turning in some of the biggest tracks of the year, from taking on the likes of Ed Sheeran, Asap Mob, Childish Gambino and more.

3. MIGOS

Migos is an American hip-hop group formed in 2009 from Lawrenceville, Georgia. The group is composed of three rappers, known by their stage names Quavo, Takeoff and Offset. Migos released their commercial debut single “Versace." They went on to release several successful singles, such as “Fight Night” (2014), “Look at My Dab” (2015) and the chart topping hit “Bad and Boujee” (2016).

4. LOUIS the CHILD

From Chicago, Louis The Child is an electronic music duo with the simple goal of creating music that makes people happy. Their single, “It’s Strange," has been played on BBC, Triple J and KCRW, and racked up over 5 million plays on both Spotify and SoundCloud.

5. 21 SAVAGE

21 Savage, born Shayaa Bin Abraham-Joseph, has experienced a rapid rise in 2016 with the release of his well-received collaborative mixtape with superstar producer Metro Boomin, Savage Mode, which has established two smash hit singles, “My X” and "No Heart."

6. Lil YACHTY

With hair that looks like red-hot cheese curls and the wild Atlanta style to match, Miles McCollum, known as Lil Yachty, bounces between the party attitude and goofy weirdness with the greatest of ease all while making hit singles and singing in Sprite commercials.

7. CHEAT CODES

"The ‘Cheat Code to Life’ is being able to have fun, while skipping all of the hard stuff and any sort of limitations."

8. BLACKBEAR

A native of Los Angeles, California’s Hollywood region, Matthew Musto was known as a fledgling, rock-leaning singer/songwriter until he co-wrote Justin Bieber’s “Boyfriend,” a number two hit on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2012.

9. PARTY THIEVES

From New York, a career in music wasn’t always the plan for Jared as he attended West Point, a prestigious military academy. Fast forward to today, and he is performing his music in front of thousands of people. Jared has brought a new musical sound called Heaven Trap, which gained extreme popularity and has a SoundCloud page with over 50K followers and over 5 million plays across all social media pages.

10. QUINN XCII

Detroit singer/songwriter Quinn XCII is closing out 2016 as a breakout year for the newcomer. With his ability to blur the lines between electronic pop, hip-hop, and soul music, he has quickly paved his own lane with his unique sound.

11. UNLIKE PLUTO

This artist is a songwriter/producer, born and raised in Atlanta, and now living in LA. He majored in biology at Emory University and is now pursuing a career in music.

12. AYOKAY

This artist become popular on the SoundCloud scene with over 7,000 followers. Soundcloud is where he puts his latest tracks, and he is even going to be performing in numerous music festivals this year. His success has definitely been earned, and his tracks are killing it.

13. JERREAU

Also an artist to lay his latest tracks on Soundcloud, where he is very popular with over 15,000 followers. He's making a name for himself with true talent.

14. 808-H

His birth name is Harold Sullivan III. He's from Columbus, Ohio, and is now living in a sub-city of Columbus named Pickerington. His story consists of picking up a video camera from Best Buy and filming his life. He has gathered over 2.1 million views on his music and has learned how to DJ.

15. CHUCKDIESEL

Based out of Cincinnati, Ohio, ChuckDiesel blurs the lines between hip-hop, dubstep and bass music with his unique approach to music production. By implementing various electronic elements atop a hip-hop foundation, he creates his own genre, TIPPED.

16. CORRUPT

Over the last few years American DJ/producer James Caudle has gone from an emerging artist in Columbus, Ohio, to playing alongside the likes of Laidback Luke, Eric Prydz, Martin Garrix and Diplo. Making his name with a series of killer bootlegs and mad mash-ups, he soon developed the talents necessary to create original tracks of his own.

17. ELLIOT TRENT

Elliott Trent Bingham has quickly become an artist on the rise in the Midwest scene. His drive, ambition and hunger are without a doubt key elements that have gotten him to where he is today. Now, at the age of 24, with a debut single titled, “The First Time,” that has over 10 million hits, he continues to impress us all with his unique blend of hip-hop/R&B and vocals.

18. JAX_

Another upcoming artist making a name for himself on the Soundcloud scene with over 2,000 followers. With his smooth and unique vocals, he is on the rise of something great.

19. RIPP FLAMEZ

Once again, an artist making it big from his tracks on SoundCloud with over 4,000 followers. His Hip-Hop/rap music is something that will definitely catch the ears of many. Can't wait to see what else this artist comes up with next.

20. TOTALLY NORMAL

23-year-old Will Clarke left Pittsburgh and began chasing his dream of creating futuristic musical worlds under the name Totally Normal. With his unique style and production he quickly gained recognition and support from The Chainsmokers and NGHTMRE with his first few releases.

21. YACHT CLUB

Last but not least, Formed in 2013, Yacht Club is a duo consisting of Adam and Hayden. They began as a live act with a drum kit and a keyboard, fusing saw-synths with hip hop rhythm. In early 2015, they won the remix contest for Galantis’s “Runaway," leading to official remixes for Galantis and Miike Snow and an opening slot on a leg of The Chainsmoker’s fall 2015 #FriendZoneTour.

If you wanna hear more of these artists before #FEST, check out the #15Fest playlist on Spotify! See you April 21 and 22 in Athens at #15FEST!