Breastfeeding is legal? It's about damn time.

It's only taken us what? Nearly 300 years?

190

I am BESIDE myself that it's 2018 and breastfeeding in public just became legal in all 50 states this past week. We are supposed to be the greatest nation in the world, with an unmatched economy and exponential growth to our name. Yet, we are still terrified of a boob.

The response that has come from the final remaining states, Utah and Idaho, to finally pass legislation protecting breastfeeding mothers has been varied. While many individuals are ecstatic that the US finally seems to be catching up with the rest of the world, others were not so happy.

Crying out that "breastfeeding should remain private" or "I don't want a boob in my face" or even something as ridiculous as "breastfeeding is an intimate affair between a mother and a child."

When I went to search for a cover photo for this article, the majority of images were blurred out due to "adult content"

https://pixabay.com/en/photos/breastfeeding/

Are we that sensitive to one of the most beautiful, natural things in the world? Many people cry out that "I don't want my children to see." Why not? They either were or weren't breastfed and regardless of their infancy nutrition, this is a very real and natural thing.

Others cry out that they don't want to see that when out in public. So look the other way. Is it that hard?

Several years ago, I walked into a public bathroom and a young mother was breastfeeding her child. She apologized to ME. I walked in on her feeding her child in a BATHROOM, and she apologized to me. Can you believe that?

We have made women out to feel as though breastfeeding is something to be ashamed of. That they are disgusting for not feeding their baby in private.

It is about time that we are legalizing breastfeeding in all 50 states - enabling mothers everywhere to breastfeed if they choose so, wherever they please. People from around the world were shocked to find that this is only just now happening for us.

Claiming that, "In my country, it's always been legal" or "In my country, women can breastfeed anywhere without problem."

So, Kudos to America for finally legalizing breastfeeding in all 50 states!