How You Should Break Up With Your Partner, Based On Their Zodiac Sign

How You Should Break Up With Your Partner, Based On Your Zodiac Sign

An astrological approach to breakups.

74736

Breakups suck, getting dumped sucks, and being the one who calls off a relationship also sucks. Really the entire situation isn't a walk in the park. It's a confrontation like no other because, this time, people's hearts are involved.

Some breakups include yelling, screaming, and slamming doors while others are paragraph text messages and tearful FaceTimes. Every Zodiac sign has unique qualities that influence how they approach breakups. No way is "right" or "wrong," they are all different in their own way.

If you have no clue how to go about calling it quits, connect to your zodiac sign and you'll find the exact way it was meant to be.

Aries (March 21 - April 19)

These fiery, energetic, and aggressive souls won't waste a minute with the wrong person. They will rip the relationship off like a Band-Aid, lay it all out on the line, and, yes, it will be done in public. Nevertheless, they won't be vague and they will make sure to be respectful and emphasize closure.

Taurus (April 20 - May 20)

Taurus individuals are grounded and don't really like to compromise. Although loyal and committed, breakups happen and a Taurus will be very black and white in their actions. With a quick, "We're over," these signs will be able to swiftly move on and find someone that satisfies their expectations.

Gemini (May 21- June 20)

These creative creatures have phenomenal communication skills and will definitely choose to break another's heart with a sentimental poem that illustrates why they have to move on.

Cancer (June 21 - July 22)

Cancers will cry in their soon-to-be-ex's arms and exclaim, "It's not you, it's me!" Cancers are awfully emotional and sensitive. I would know, I am one and, from personal experiences, initiating breakups are so hard – we would rather avoid confrontation at all costs. Cancers sympathize with all and it's almost impossible for us to willingly hurt others, which makes breaking up with a loved one heartbreaking.

Leo (July 23 - August 22)

Leos are confident and natural-born leaders; as such, they will take the breakup in their own, overly dramatic hands. Don't be surprised if they dress up in all black as though they are attending a funeral – the death of their relationship.

Virgo (August 23 - September 22)

Virgos are super particular about details, so they will plan out the breakup and make sure everything is to a T. They are uber critical, so they are sure to search for perfection and be disappointed in their ex. A Virgo will write out all the reasons why their soon-to-be-ex doesn't meet their high standards and this behavior will for sure lead to a breakup.

Libra (September 23 - October 22)

A Libra will take a diplomatic, face-to-face approach with honesty, clarity, and they most definitely will take responsibility for their wrongdoings. A Libra will invite their soon-to-be-ex over, sit them down with their favorite drink, talk about the relationship, and swiftly divide assets like a responsible adult.

Scorpio (October 23 - November 21)

These lovers are known to be the most sexual of all the zodiac signs, and also most evil depending on who you ask. With this said, Scorpios will definitely have breakup sex with their ex a few times before finally ghosting them.

Sagittarius (November 22 - December 21)

These impatient wanderers tend not to deliver on promises and do not do well if they feel trapped in a relationship. A Sagittarius will quickly realize that their relationship is just no fun anymore but there is a chance they will draw the relationship out and end up in and on again off again situation. All in all, they are known to disregard another's feelings and will do everything in their power to resist commitment. So, they will run away, move states, and their friends will share the bad news with their new ex.

Capricorn (December 22 - January 19)

Capricorns are known to be unemotional, pessimistic, and disciplined, but that doesn't mean breakups don't well break them. They have no time for B.S. or instability, so Capricorn breakups are quick and to the point. Que a breakup text along the lines of, "I don't see us going anywhere."

Aquarius (January 20 - February 18)

When it comes to breakups, these nontraditional souls will want to focus on their analytical logic. Here come the pros and cons lists that go over a relationship's successes and failures.

Pisces (February 19 - March 20)

As one of the friendliest signs, these fishes are always willing to help and forgive others. Consequently, a Pisces can create a strong emotional bond with people, which makes breakups tough to go through. A Pisces will know deep down that their relationship is over but will hold on for dear life because maybe just maybe their partner will change. Their breakup style is vague as they will ask to remain friends and won't be able to set clear boundaries. But, don't worry, eventually, a Pisces will day by day create distance and drift away.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.