#BreakingBrad

Bryan Cranston may have played a selfish drug lord on primetime television, but in real life Mr. Cranston is a true inspiration to those around him. Nineteen year old, Brad Joyner, is one of the biggest fans of the Emmy award-winning show, Breaking Bad, and he finds the lead character Walter White to be quite relatable.

Six months ago, Joyner was a normal teenager from North Carolina with the world at his feet, until he got the unfortunate news that no young adult should ever hear -- he had cancer. Brad was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and, like many patients who believe their time may be cut short, he decided to create a bucket list. While most people fill their bucket lists with skydiving and aspirations of traveling, Joyner decided that meeting his idol, Bryan Cranston, would be the ultimate accomplishment.

This led to the campaign known as #BreakingBrad, and it quickly became a viral hit across the nation. His aunt began posting pictures that included the hashtag, Breaking Brad, everywhere they went. Eventually, this got Bryan Cranston's attention. 

When the family found out that their son was going to meet his idol, they decided to tape his heart wrenching reaction to the news. He was filled with joy and amazement. It was a reaction that would bring any murderous, meth-dealing, cancer patient to tears and it is no surprise that Cranston decided to reach out to this young man. Brad goes from being completely shocked, and overwhelmed with joy, to tears, while asking his mother how she did it while repeatedly stating how amazing it was.

Brad was able to make his dreams come true on Sept. 20, when he had a 30-minute Skype conversation with Bryan Cranston. Cranston is even cracks jokes with Brad when his mother says that he finds the character’s experience relatable to his own experience -- minus the meth lab -- and Cranston responds with, “I’ll teach you all of that.” To top things off, Cranston decided to surprise Brad one last time and send an ice cream truck to Brad’s home for his entire neighborhood to enjoy!

This story goes to show just how easily we are impacted by one another. Bryan Cranston’s simple act of kindness led to a terminally ill patient’s dreams coming true. Too many stars in today’s society spend their time partying in Hollywood and living the life of glamour and selfishness. Many of these stars forget to thank the fans who are responsible for their fame, in the first place. Knowing that there are still good-hearted and down to earth actors out there is truly inspiring for all of us.

Cranston proved that even though he may have played a deviant filled with greed, in reality, he is a respectable man willing to use his fame to help those that need him the most.

See part of the Skype call here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n88Baxsvy6o