Dream 3: Breakfast At La La Land

Dream 3: Breakfast At La La Land

Moon River and a City of Stars.

71
Dream 3: Breakfast At La La Land
Youtube

Welcome to Dream 3! So far in this dream series, we've been best friends with Jimmy Fallon, a few Grey's Anatomy doctors, and scolded The Rock. It's been quite a whirlwind. For this dream, it's going to get even more whirlwind-esque. Is that a word? Well, it should be. Anyway, I hope you have a time machine because we're going to be making quite a few time jumps.

This dream started with myself driving frantically for an audition I had in Los Angeles. I don't quite remember what the role was but I do remember that for some reason, the role called for me to be stuffing my face with Reese's cups. (This was probably just due to real me being incredibly hungry for a snack whilst dreaming.) I went in for the audition late and with my hair all a mess. Before I could get a single word out, the casting director shouted, "Next!" I said thank you, despite the rudeness and got in my car to head to my job at a coffee shop at Warner Brothers studio. (Sound familiar yet?)

After my shift at the coffee shop, I headed over to a house party that my brother had invited me to. There was a band playing that were currently taking requests. I requested "Why Should I Worry?" by Billy Joel, also known as Dodger in Oliver and Company. The band played it and I joined in over-excitedly, just as I would in real life. After the party was over, the keyboardist (Ryan Gosling) and I met by the pool to talk about why I felt the need to request that particular song out of all of the songs in the world. Oh, and if you haven't picked up on it by now, I was living in my own version of the movie La La Land.

Next thing I knew, we were in a jazz club. Side note; this jazz club had basically every famous person you could imagine in it. Sitting at our table was Cory Monteith, Lea Michele, Jennifer Anniston, Mila Kunis, Ashton Kutcher and a few more I can't quite remember. As the crowd clapped for the band that had just finished playing, Lea Michele pulled me up on stage. We got in front of the microphones and she said, "snap your fingers on the count of 3. 1...2...3!" I snapped my fingers and was time jumped. Where exactly? 1961.

I was still on stage with Lea Michele except we were both dressed differently. Both in black dresses and pearls, we heard the music begin to play. Suddenly, I knew all the words to "Moon River" and was able to sing far better than I actually can. There I was. I was Audrey Hepburn and was singing "Moon River" with Lea Michele in the middle of a restaurant filled with people whose outfits looked to be more than my house. We ended the song in perfect harmony and with a standing ovation that seemed to last half of my dream, and I was loving every minute of it.

It was at this time I woke up, and disappointingly came to the conclusion that it was all a dream that my mind had made up of a few of my favorite movies. Not only did I not sing a duet with Lea Michele, but I also can't time travel. That's got to be the most difficult realization.