The Most Instagram Worthy Cafes on Long Island

And Trust Me: It Tastes as Good as It Looks

3850

The Cup

Wantagh

The Cup is my favorite coffee and dessert places to go at night. It is located by the Wantagh train station and although they don't take reservations, the wait isn't usually too bad.

Witches Brew

West Hempstead

Another fun dessert place for nighttime! The desserts are good and the atmosphere is cool. Warning: they do not take reservations and if the line is too long they will make you wait outside, which can be a problem in the winter. Also, they do not accept credit cards.

Crazy Beans

Stony Brook

Crazy Beans is a really great place to go for breakfast! Their ice coffees are beautiful and they have many flavors to choose from! The food is really good and the staff is really nice, but they unfortunately do not take credit cards. The inside looks like a cute 50's diner.

Brownstones Coffee

Amityville (closed until April 22, 2016 due to a fire)

Rumored to be opening in East Islip and East Northport

Brownstones is a nice place to go for breakfast or brunch. The food is good, but the wait can be long sometimes and they do not take reservations. There is a cool record store in the shopping center over that is nice to look in after!

Munday’s

Huntington Village

I have never personally been to this coffee shop, but this is my favorite Yelp review about it: "A Huntington staple. Classic dive diner. Super friendly, and pure Americana. Everyone should visit Monday's with the family. Just go on a Thursday"

Southdown Coffee

Huntington

I've been to Southdown twice: once in the morning, once in the afternoon about 30 minutes before closing. The three pictures below were during the morning. They had fresh pastries and coffee and the employees were extremely nice. When I went before closing, I was given my coffee in a to-go cup and the flowers pictured below weren't on the tables anymore. They barely had any pastries anymore and the ones that were left were probably sitting there all day. Also, the employee that was there wasn't very friendly and she rushed us out. I recommend this cute little coffee shop, but only in the morning.

Toast Coffeehouse

Port Jefferson Village and Patchogue

I've only been to the Patchogue location and the food was very good. The wait was long, but you can give the host your number when you put your name down and leave. Unfortunately, there wasn't much to do around the town. Once we were seated it took extremely long for us to get our food, but once we did it was worth it. The french toast and coffee were so good and our waiter was extremely nice.

Sweetie Pie’s on Main

Cold Spring Harbor

I have never personally been to this coffee shop, but this is my favorite Yelp review about it: "Sweetie Pies on Main is a charming coffee shop in Cold Spring Harbor with a "country kitchen" feel. The outside deck and seating area is picturesque and feels like home. It's the perfect spot for a quick bite to eat and a cup of coffee after strolling the strip of stores in town."

Babylon Bean

Babylon

I have never personally been to this coffee shop, but this is my favorite Yelp review about it: "I love this little place and I'm not even a huge fan of coffee. Really cute little place to go to and relax. So many choices! They even have smoothies named after local places in town. Their ice cream and cakes are delicious, and they give you huge portions. Everyone who works there is really nice and helpful- like I said I'm not a huge coffee person so they are really patient with me while I look at the menu and put together something I like. I would definitely say to check this spot out. They have cute local artwork on the walls also."

Massapequa Perk

Massapequa Park

I have never personally been to this coffee shop, but this is my favorite Yelp review about it: "Best. Coffee. Ever. I like to get the bumble bee latte (vanilla and honey). Everyone that works there has always been super friendly! Also I love that they're always willing to help decide what new thing to try. You can REALLY tell that they love and appreciate both coffee and their customers. I'm always happy to miss my train because it means I "have to" come over and get a cup ;)"

Jam

Massapequa Park

I have never personally been to this coffee shop, but this is my favorite Yelp review about it: "Decent seating. Staff is friendly. We only had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated. Plates are very presentable and they all looked amazing. The home fries were more like small chopped french fries and were soo good! I got an egg white omelet with roasted mushrooms, tomato, and spinach. The mushrooms were finely chopped, they almost looked like chopped olives. The eggs were fluffy, but I felt there could've been a lot more spinach and tomatoes. The Brie, Blueberries, and Thyme Pancakes were tempting to try and all as, get this, Cookie Dough Pancakes!"

According to my friend, "It's a hidden treasured gem of massapequa."

Javier's Cafe

Smithtown

I have never personally been to this coffee shop, but this is my favorite Yelp review about it: "Love coming here for breakfast/brunch! Javier's is a tiny place so be prepared to wait a little, usually 10-15 minutes. A lot less crowded than the sister restaurant, Maureen's, especially during peak hours between 9-11am. The service here is great for such a busy restaurant. The food is always amazing and the specials are always changing. We had pumpkin blueberry pancakes with caramel and bananas which was fluffy and actually tasted like pumpkins! Also had one of their many omelet options with home fries and toast. The toast usually comes buttered but I asked for cream cheese and jelly when I ordered. The toast came out buttered and wouldn't have made a difference to me but the waiter noticed it and brought out extra dry toast just for me. Really great service, amazing coffee and food, and a really cozy atmosphere."

Warning: they do not accept credit cards.

Maureen's Kitchen

Smithtown

I went to Maureen's Kitchen last year with my family and loved it. It is a really cute breakfast and brunch restaurant and the food is really good, but the wait is usually long and they do not accept credit cards.

Sweet Mama's

Northport

I've been going to breakfast with my family at Sweet Mama's for years, but we haven't gone recently because my parents prefer Maureen's Kitchen. Sweet Mama's has a vintage '50s-era look and the food is really good. They DO accept credit cards.

Morning Rose Café

Bellmore

This is my girlfriend's favorite little breakfast place in her hometown. I love the french toast bites for breakfast. They also have good lunch. There has never been a wait when I've gone, but I've heard people have seen lines out the door. Morning Rose is extremely cute and I highly recommend it.

Left Coast

Merrick

I've only been here once, but my girlfriend loves it. They have great french toast, pancakes and eggs. A lot of options for food and they have free coffee.