My Boyfriend Graduated The Police Academy
Dating

There were so many emotions running through me - proud, emotional, fear.

965
Unsplash

Milestones are something I love being able to share with my boyfriend. Times of celebration and spending extra time with family is one of the best things. We spent this weekend with each other and his family and I was in total bliss, but there were so many thoughts and emotions running through my head.

Being an officer isn't an easy job and my boyfriend's abilities and knowledge are not just impressive, but admirable. Listening to him talk about his career and his hopes for the future is one of my favorite things to do. This happens quite often in the car and all I can do is sit there and smile. Sharing our life together is something I look forward to every day.

But I am also so scared of what's to come because there is so much unknown.

Right now, we don't know when we'll see each other again because of his schedule and adjusting to the crazy 12+ hour days and my moving back to school in a month. Time is limited and scarce, which made saying goodbye so insanely hard because I don't know when I'll see him again and be able to physically see if he's doing okay. When we first met, we saw each other just about every day because we were at the same college. It hasn't been like that for a year but the added element of danger and unknown doesn't help the constant worries that come with doing long distance.

It isn't a secret that being an officer has the potential of being dangerous - which is terrifying to think about. It's terrifying to think that one call could drastically affect his life, our life together. At the end of the day, with lots of prayer and hope and optimism, I have a lot of hope for him and his career.

This weekend was just a small glimpse into our future and I'm so looking forward to all of the adventures and milestones to come. I consider myself incredibly lucky to have found someone so driven and motivated in regards to his career. I'm so hopeful for everything he's going to do with his career and for our life together.

I love you, babe, be safe and come home to me.