Why My Long Time Boyfriend Is My Best Friend
relationships

My Long-Time Boyfriend Is My Best Friend

WARNING: This post is a sappy one.

501
My high school sweetheart, Logan, and I

I have noticed a lot of articles floating around social media lately. Articles like "Open Letter to my Boyfriend" or "My Boyfriend is the Best Boyfriend." It makes think to myself how lucky I am to have a boyfriend is who is my best friend. Sure, you think your boyfriend is the best, but I firmly believe that mine is too.

My boyfriend's name is Logan. I met him when we were both in high school. I was in eighth grade and he was in the tenth grade. We went to the same school and never crossed paths until then. Logan played football, which was really cool. I mean who wouldn't want to date a high school athlete and wear their letterman jacket? But that's not why we dated.

Before we even started dating, we were just friends. We talked all the time about the most random things. Somethings never change. It felt like I knew Logan forever and day. It was just really easy to talk to him. As time flew by, we started to grow feelings for each other. I guess that's not much of a shocker since you're reading this.

Logan and I started to date a couple of months after we met each other. It was such an easy time in life looking back on all the memories. We would go to each other's houses and hang out. Our moms would have to drop us off and come pick us back up. School was easy for us. There was not really a care in the world, especially when you were always waking up to sappy texts and talking nonstop to a guy you were falling in love with. Logan was my first love and hopefully my last. Back then he was my best friend and he still is today.

We talk about everything and anything. We still talk all the time. A lot of our friends say that when you see Logan, you see me and vise versa. We are always hanging out. It is crazy after all the time that has flown by, I have not got tired of Logan yet. We joke around and say we are like an old married couple. But really our relationship has just started. We still have our whole lives ahead of us. We have many different walks in life to do. And I hope to do all those with Logan by my side.

Logan is truly my best friend. I tell him everything. When people tell me secrets, they already know that I will more than likely tell him. We talk about everything and we do everything together. Just like normal best friends, we have fights sometimes. They are always over stupid things and we get over it. That is what best friends do. Just like a normal relationship, we have had our ups and downs. When they are high, they are really high. When they are low, they are really low. But like I said before, I would not want to do it all without Logan by my side.

Logan is one of my biggest supporters...besides my family. Like a best friend would do, he always pushes me to do better and to be better. He tells me when I am wrong and admits (sometimes) when I am right. We have the kind of relationship where we joke about a bunch of things. We are always picking on each other and joking around. I love our friendship and our relationship.

I am so glad Logan and I built our friendship before we even started to think about being together. That foundation has just kept growing over the years. I hope to keep building that foundation for many more years. I am so thankful for Logan and our friendship. I have the world's BEST boyfriend and the world's BEST friend.