To The Boy That Taught Me That Not All Boys Are The Same

It all changed when I came to college and met Nick.

599
Shannon Connors

Anyone who knows me personally can attest to the fact that I am not a gushy-lovey-dovey kind of girl. Not that I don't believe in feelings, or that I don't shed a tear or two every time I watch "My Girl" (Thomas Jay and Veda Forever), but I have never found myself to be that girl who actively pursues a relationship. For a few years, I even bought into the accusation that "all guys are the same" and they are "only after one thing," but that all changed when I came to college and met Nick.

In the past seven months, we have gone on countless adventures, had hours-long study dates, took classes together, cooked some really awesome meals together, and have been in three different states so far (all of which we have been documenting one Snapchat filtered photo at a time). We go to each other's concerts, walk each other to class, and we are currently on the fourth season of our "Dance Moms" binge-watch. He has gotten me into wine-drinking, Hershey's Gold, and has always been there to support me when things got tough.

Most important of all, he taught me that not all guys are the same and that he can be both my boyfriend and my best friend simultaneously. It had never even crossed my mind that I would get into a relationship less than one month after starting my college career, but looking back, I could not imagine getting through my freshman year without him by my side.

Whether it was staying up all night together finishing ALEKS topics, or being lazy on the weekend and watching Netflix all day, we have done it all together. As I am writing this, he is sitting a few feet away from me and even just being in the same room as him is a huge comfort to me as we are approaching the stressful time that is finals.

So, if you are reading this Nick, (which I'm pretty sure you are because you usually see my articles posted before I do) I hope you know how much I appreciate and love you and just how important you are to me.