Ladies And Gents, Bow Down To 'Bohemian Rhapsody'

Has movie soundtrack on repeat for weeks.

51

As if you haven't heard enough about this extraordinary movie, here is yet another rant and gush session on how utterly amazing this film was. If you are unfamiliar with Queen because you are new to this planet or were deprived as a child, here is Queen in a few short words: Queen is life.

Okay, but seriously. Queen is a rock band and a phenomenon that has spanned across generations and will continue to because they were able to write music that could easily be anyone's anthem whether you were pumping yourself up with We Will Rock You or crying your eyes out to Love Of My Life. The music spoke to so many people and are still hits to this day.

And you can't mention Queen without mentioning Freddie Mercury, who was a figure who promoted inclusivity and living life to its utter fullest. Freddie Mercury took every chance, enjoyed every second, and is the example we all need to follow in terms of living our lives to the best of our ability.

Bohemian Rhapsody, the recent biopic that was released detailing the life of frontman Freddie Mercury and how Queen came to be. The movie was not only raw and a total jam session, but it was powerful. My eyes were completely glued to the screen and the few times that I could actually tear my eyes away, I would look around me and see people crying, laughing, and in total awe. It was a truly extraordinary thing to behold.

To step up and tell the story of Freddie Mercury in a completely authentic way is a behemoth of a project, but ladies and gentlemen, it has been done. Rami Malek was golden, and his performance will be applauded for decades and the other actors who portrayed the other members of Queen, Ben Hardy (Roger Taylor), Gwilym Lee (Brian May), and Joseph Mazzello (John Deacon), were so authentic, I had to remind myself that this was a film, and these were not the real men on the screen. Seriously, the resemblance shook my soul.

I grew up with the music of Queen and the story of Freddie Mercury. My best friend and I will still have a hard-core jam session to Bohemian Rhapsody and as a kid, I personally put on spine-chilling shows of Queen covers. I grew up with that image of what it was to live life the way it was meant to be lived and this film captured that. And more importantly, it didn't focus on Freddie Mercury's ending, but his beginning and middle which were such significant parts. This movie was a beautiful masterpiece to capture a beautiful life and band.

So, thank you to the cast and creative team of Bohemian Rhapsody. You gave this generation the greatest gift and allowed Freddie's message to reach new hearts. Truly, thank you.