Dare To Be Different

Dare To Be Different

"Why stand in, when you were born to stand out!" -Dr.Suess

6
Dare To Be Different
theopennotebook.com

Fitting in is something everyone wants. Why are people so desperate to be exactly like everyone else? Why do we constantly seek approval from those who seem to have it all? Our self-worth should not be based on what other people think of us. It should be based on what makes us happy. We should be happy being ourselves instead of constantly trying to be perfect in the society’s eyes. Why should society define what perfect is for each and every person in the world?

I am a big believer in doing what makes you happy. Whether that is to be goofy or refined all the time, just be you. Society has tried to make the cookie-cutter model of the perfect person fit everyone. Why would I want to be like everyone else? If everyone acted the same, dressed the same, and listened to the same music, the world would be a rather dull place. God made you uniquely wonderful, and it’s amazing how no two people are the exact same. “Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this world” (Romans 12:2). That verse has to be one of my favorite verses in the bible, because God knew that the world would try to change us and makes us all the same, and He is just like, "No, you are you and there is no one else like you." God never intended for all of us to be the same. Why would God create copies of a person when He could make as many originals as He wanted?

Don’t let anyone tell you how to act, what to wear, and how to feel, because all that matters is that you do whatever makes you happy. If playing video games is what makes you happy, then you play video games. If you like crime shows and trying to figure out why the criminals did what they did, then you do that. I dare you to stop conforming to what society deems as perfect and to start showing society that you already are perfect, quirks and all.