7 Ways To Make Your Body & Mind Healthy When You're Bored Of The Gym

Alternatives to pumping iron for a healthier body and mind.

163
Unsplash

Feeling bored and uninspired lately? Want to have a healthy body and mind, but the regular gym routine is getting you down? Well, then it is the time that you get out of that whole routine and try something new this week. Going to the gym every day and doing the same exercises and routine every day can get a bit boring but that doesn’t mean you have to compromise on your health by not stimulating your body or mind.

If you are looking some other alternatives to a mindless gym routine, then we have the perfect list for you. Try these 7 amazing alternatives to the gym and your mind and body will feel really refreshed and energized just after a few days.

1. Zumba

Why go to the gym when you can dance? Yes, you heard me right. Dance is a great way to burn all those extra calories and keep in shape while enjoying yourself and having a lot of fun on the way. This is why Zumba is such a great alternative to lifting weights in the gym as it can not only shake off all the tension in your mind and muscles but it can also help you in improving your stamina and coordination.

So, you have the best of both the worlds. You enjoy and you stay fit and healthy. In fact, it has been found that one hour of dancing every day is all the cardio you need for a day and is a great way to tone your muscles and increase your flexibility. Whoever said ‘No pain, no gain’ obviously had never danced before.

2. Practice Yoga

One of the best alternatives to a gym is to practice yoga at your home or out in the open. You can join a yoga class or you can just find a few basic online videos to get you going.

Yoga is one of the best ways to calm your mind and de-stress yourself while working your body to keep it flexible and energized.

Yoga can stretch your body muscles to achieve a deep sense of satisfaction and can help you lose a lot of calories while keeping your mind calm and peaceful.

3. Kickboxing or Martial Arts

Looking forward to burning a lot of calories in a short amount of time? Then kickboxing is the way to go. Join a Kickboxing or Martial arts class and learn to use your leg muscles in a whole new fashion.

You will not only burn around 500 calories in just 30 minutes but you will also learn a new skill which can be later used to defend yourself in grim situations. Kickboxing is a fine art and learning it can help you make your leg muscles stronger and much more flexible than before.

Along with your bodily increased strength, you will find that moving your legs and hands in a defined pattern can be quite soothing to your mind too.

4. Aerial Acrobatics

Although this one is a little intimidating getting up in the air upside down has its own charm and benefits. Aerial workouts are a great way to build your upper-body strength and are really great for improving your flexibility and grace.

You can have a little fun with these workouts and think of them as a playful game instead of a workout routine. Trust me, trapezing yourself towards a leaner and healthier body and mind is always better than sweating it out.

5. Barre Classes

If you are looking for some toned muscles or a lean body then barre class would be perfect for you. Although this is a relatively new alternative to the gym, it is becoming increasingly popular as it not only help you in achieving the same results but also proves to be a lot of fun.

Barre class workouts get your heart pumping and help in achieving your goals faster. You feel more energized and aware of your body once you start the training. This is one of the best ways to de-stress yourself and to feel good about yourself and is perfect for those people who want to bring a balance to their hectic life.

6. Bike Rides

Why should you try bike riding? Well, for starters, it doesn’t cost you anything and is a great way to give your lazy muscles a nice and tight workout. It is a great way to freshen up your mind while enjoying the beauty of your surroundings.

You can ride along the hills and take in the beautiful mountain views of you can challenge yourself for a forest ride and test your biking skills. It doesn’t matter what place you choose for biking, what matters is that at the end of every ride you would feel your muscles working tremendously and your mind calm and serene.

7. Trekking and Hiking

Another great alternative to hitting the gym is to trek or hike along the mountain ranges. If you go to a gym then you are already aware that using your treadmill for an uphill walk can never compare to a natural trek through the mountain hills.

This way, you not only take in fresh air and can appreciate the beautiful natural environment around you but you also reduce the chances of a knee injury which is quite normal when you are using a treadmill.