24 Pictures Of My Dog For His 4th Birthday

Barkday puppies are the best puppies.

254
Heidi Forthofer

It's Boomer's birthday! Four years ago, on January 29, was the day I met him and also the day he was born. Boomer was and continues to be the laziest, most athletic dog ever known to the world, and he would eat nonstop if I let him.

He is 100 lbs of love, and he not only enjoys hunting and playing ball, but he is fantastic at retrieving! Everybody loves my boy even if they don't like dogs because he is my puppy, and he is the best puppy ever. He is an exceptional boy, and he somehow makes everybody love him through his talent, personality, and his kisses.

I have included bazillions of pictures of Boom Boy throughout the years. Please enjoy all of the photographs and die from a cuteness overload from my one and only.

I took these pictures right around the day he was born. He is snuggling with his older brother and sister, Duke and Skye.

My dad took this photo of Boom and me. It was our first one together, and it indeed was not our last! We captured it right after we found out we were going to get him.

Ah, yes, one of the rare times we saw Boomski Bear sleeping when he was little. He has always been a cute sleeper.We are now awake! It has never taken long for his energy to be full force.

Bubby is swimming for the first time! He has loved swimming from the moment he jumped into the water to retrieve a stick.

Not only does he love swimming in dark, dirty pond water, but he also enjoys swimming in clean, clear pool water. He had just finished swimming in our pool at our old house, and we were backwashing it.

Aww, somebody is tired again! I thought the lighting made him look like a seel.

Boomer was probably a little bit heavier than 80 pounds at 8.5 months old when he suddenly decided to sit on my lap. I think he was looking for me to defend him after taking one of our beach towels.

I love this picture of us! Puppy Dawg has his two favorite people––my dad and me––with him after playing with his duck decoy in Lake Decatur. It is hard to believe he was only one here.

Here we are at the vet! He has always done well at the vet because he is just that perfect.

It is rare to see him sleep during the day, especially as he has gotten older.

Did I mention that he loves swimming? I cannot stress this fact enough. Just look at those muddy paws and his puppy grin!

He loves playing with these kinds of balls! I have never found any toy he cannot destroy until we bought this at PetSmart. He also enjoyed climbing up this treehouse at our old rental house. Once somebody starts playing with him, he won't stop playing. Throw the ball to him at your own risk.

Here we are wearing the cone of shame! The way his eyelids were growing made it look like he was crying, so we had to get that minor surgery done by our fantastic vet when we lived in Illinois! He also had his hips x-rayed while he was there. He, unfortunately, had one bad hip, so they had to neuter him. Not surprisingly, both surgeries did what they were supposed to do! Sometimes, you have to kill two birds with one stone.

Shortly after moving to Ohio from Illinois, he discovered bathtubs. I mentioned he loves lakes and pools, but I failed to mention bath water. Had he not been kicked out of the bathroom, he would have gotten in.

While he was asleep one night, I got out my eyeliner pencil and drew eyebrows on him. He woke up to my mom laughing at him the next morning.

My Bubby Boy is about two years old at 100 pounds sitting on my lap. I cherish every moment he sits on me.

Boomy dropped his tennis ball while coming to pick me up for Thanksgiving Break. On the way back from picking me up, he was searching for the ball. We never saw it again.

Boom Boy celebrated his 3rd birthday with me in my dorm room. His present was ice cream, which he thoroughly enjoyed.

Here is Boomer while hanging out with my some of my best friends from Denison! Every student loved him because they all missed their dogs they had to leave at home. Lucky for me, he lived 30 minutes away. He is such a model.

(Photo cred and friends: Isabella Puccini, Rachel Tieman, and Maura Walter)

Boom told everybody how to survive finals week. In other words, yawn and go to sleep. It's just an excuse for professors to see how much you honestly liked their class instead of getting insincere answers from (not so) hardworking students.

(Photo cred: Sarina Balraj)

The caption says it all. Boomer is extraordinarily happy. Don't worry; his tail is still long.

Last but not least, he loves, loves, loves other animals. He acts motherly to our cows (the one in the picture is Holly), which is strange considering he is a male. It shows how sweet he is and how blessed we are to have him.

(Photo cred: Rachel Tieman and Isabella Puccini)

Happy Birthday, Boomer! I love you!