Books That Will Make You Smarter

8 Must-Read Books That Will Make You Much Smarter

The more you know, the better.

78

Books help us construct meaning and derive purpose from the world around us. They help us become more aware and more intelligent, improving our lives drastically.

Whether you're interested in psychology or technology, these eight books from award-winning authors will help you see the world from a greater perspective.

1. "The Magic of Thinking Big" by David J. Schwartz

images.gr-assets.com

If you're looking for a book that will transform your way of thinking, this book is for you! It will help you become a strong-minded person with big goals.

If you implement the workable methods you read in this book into your everyday life, you will see radical improvements in almost every aspect of your life.

2. "Talk Your Way to the Top: Communication Secrets to Change Your Life" by Kevin Hogan

d1w7fb2mkkr3kw.cloudfront.net

This book is addictive. Whether you're a passionate speaker or a timid one, this book will help you thrive very easily in your communication.

I found this book at a very convenient time — a time in my life where I was confronted by public meetings and was overcome with shyness. It will help you gain the confidence and know-how to express your ideas effectively, as it did for me.

3. "Life Strategies: Doing What Works, Doing What Matters" by Phil McGraw

www.wghill.com

"Life Strategies: Doing What Works, Doing What Matters" is an important book that you don't want to miss out on. The rules written in this book are relatable and easy to understand and follow.

The book is enlightening, to say the least. It will teach you many important lessons on how to lead a more dignified life, doing what you love and getting the respect you deserve.

4. "The Science of Mind" by Ernest Holmes

images.penguinrandomhouse.com

Do you ever wonder what prompts people to do what they do? Could it have something to do with God? Read this transformational book and open your eyes (and your mind) to new ideas.

It's not your average psychology book. You'll learn about how ethics, philosophy, faith and culture intertwine to affect the way we act and think. It's very fascinating and educational.

5. "A Gift of Fire: Social, Legal and Ethical Issues for Computing Technology" by Sara Baase

www.pearsonhighered.com

If you're a tech enthusiast, this book is for you! It contains hundreds of case studies covering various aspects of information technology (IT) and its impact on social societies.

It touches on almost every domain of IT, including hacking, database, programming and artificial intelligence in the 21st century.

6. "The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari" by Robin Sharma

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

This book is a truly inspiring work, offering many insightful life lessons along the way. The story itself is based on the author's life.

It will teach you about the importance of perseverance, happiness, respect and hope. It will motivate you to take charge of your life, pursue what you love and thrive at it. It's full of incredible stuff.

7. "The Internet Book" by Douglas Comer

rukminim1.flixcart.com

You might be thinking, "What could I possibly not know about the internet?" But after reading this book, you'll realize there's a lot you don't know.

When you read this book, you'll be able to break down and analyze all the different properties that make up the internet. Finally, you'll be able to see the internet for what it really is: the most resourceful technological infrastructure in the world.

8. "Woman at Point Zero" by Nawal El Saadaw

smithsonianapa.org

Written by one of my favorite authors, "Woman at Point Zero" tells the tragic story of a woman who was forcibly dragged into the sex-trafficking industry and then prosecuted for doing nothing wrong.

It's a powerful, poignant book. It covers Arab women in the 20th century, prostitution in the Middle East, corrupt justice/education systems and the effect these things had on people in the world at that time.