19 Thoughts Surrounding An Obsession With Books

19 Thoughts Any Bookaholic Has When They Pass, And Then Enter, A Bookstore

We have no self-control when it comes to buying new books.

79

I can confidently say that at least 80 percent of the books on my bookshelf have never been read. I'm not proud of that fact, but it is a fact. I have an obsession with buying books and then checking different books out from my public library and reading those. I will admit that I've already gotten at least three new books this summer. And what am I doing? Looking for new books at the library to read. So, I understand the bookaholic struggle of wanting to buy more books despite the enormous stack of unread books at home.

1. "Oh, look a bookstore!"

2. "What is stopping me from just taking a look?"

3. "I'm not buying, just looking"

4. "No, I don't need any help, I know this store like the back of my hand."

5. "I could probably tell you where things are located."

6. "Have I read this book?"

7. "Oooh, this book looks good."

8. "I should probably read the 'Twilight' series at some point."

9. "I really shouldn't buy anything new."

10. "But if I buy the book now, I'll have it when I want to read it."

11. "That's a vicious cycle."

12. "I'm just going to hold onto this book for a minute."

13. "I wonder if they have ~insert book title~ here?"

14. "Do I have a coupon?"

15. "I really don't want to put these books back."

16. "I guess I'll just have to buy them."

17. "God, I just can't not spend money."

18. "My total is $60?!?!?!?"

19. "Oh, well, it's a pretty good investment."