7 Book Recommendations For The Aspiring #GirlBoss

Once you know you can achieve anything, you will.

A 'Girlboss' is a woman who has identified her worth and her ability to be successful and can do it on her own with her self-motivated mindset. We all have a personal list of dreams and goals that we hope to one day, achieve in our lives.

Whether it be landing that job that someone your age could only dream of or be figuring out how to break those awkward elevator silences with your boss, you are going to impress yourself with how much of a 'Girlboss' you are.

Girlbosses themselves wrote these seven books. They have got the world figured out and they did that by figuring themselves out. Once you know you can achieve anything, you will.

1. "#Girlboss" by Sophia Amoruso

girlboss

It only fits that the first recommendation on this list is by the 'Girlboss' queen herself, Sophia Amoruso. From being homeless to enduring through a hernia and selling vintage clothing on Ebay, Amoruso started her very own empire, Nasty Gal.

2. "Staying Strong" by Demi Lovato

With these 365 pages, Demi Lovato takes you on her journey through all of her inner demons that she has faced throughout life thus far. As a celebrity, your life can appear to be perfect. But with this book, she shows you that it's okay not to be okay and that self-help is the best tool for happiness and success.

3. 'Scrappy Little Nobody' by Anna Kendrick

"Scrappy Little Nobody," written by Anna Kendrick, is a very real, open and honest memoir into her personal life. Every experience that she has had in life has shaped her into the person she is today. She is unapologetically herself and encourages you to do the same.

4. "Unfiltered" by Lily Collins

Lily Collins, known for her roles in The Blind Side and To The Bone, opens up about things that every girl needs to hear, such as relationships, body image and much more. Growing up can be terrifying, especially as you experience different things without understanding them. Knowing this, Collins wrote the book to guide younger women as she wishes she had been.

5. "The Devil Wears Prada" by Lauren Weisberger

More widely known for its motion picture, "The Devil Wears Prada" is a novel about an aspiring journalist that lands a job in the fashion industry which challenges her morals and influences decisions that she usually wouldn't make. This experience transforms herself into a confident woman that now knows her worth and lives for herself.

6. "Strong Looks Better Naked" by Khloe Kardashian

Living her life fully in the spotlight, Khloe talks about the importance of self-love and her journey through good health and how it has helped her grow as a person. The media captures everything, whether it be good or bad and keeping your mental and physical strength through it all is how you become the ultimate 'Girlboss' of your life.

7. "Speak" by Laurie Halse Anderson

After a life-altering event, it's easier just to shut yourself out and keep quiet. In this novel, Laurie Halse Anderson reveals why it's essential to utilize your voice to speak up for yourself and take control of your own life. A 'Girlboss' cannot let anyone shut her out because she has too much to offer to stay silent.