A Book Lover's Review of "Wolf by Wolf" by Ryan Graudin

You need to add this WWII historical fiction novel to your summer reading list ASAP.

32
flickr

“The ghosts will stay. Just like your numbers. Just like my scars. Just like our pain. But you don’t have to be afraid of them... Remember and be rendered.”

Gah guys this book was SO good I was completely blown away. Wolf by Wolf is a historical “what if” novel and takes place in a world where the Nazis won the war. Every year, the Third Reich and Imperial Japan host an annual cross country motorcycle race called the Axis Tour. Yael, a former concentration camp prisoner has one mission: enter the Axis Tour and kill Hitler at the Vistor’s Ball in Tokyo.

This book was fast paced, thought provoking and contained a fantastical element that I absolutely loved! It has so many dark yet important themes about race, nationalism and identity. Ryan writes so beautifully, this book had me crying and laughing and omg just all of it was SO GOOD. It has so many twists and turns and it always kept me on my toes. It can be slow burning at times, but I never thought the book was slow. It just builds really nicely.

I met Ryan at NTTBF and she was the sweetest ever. And she showed me pics of her adorable dog :) Her writing is just awe inspiring. I can’t wait to read literally everything by her!

You definitely need to add "Wolf by Wolf" to your reading list, especially if you're interested in WWII fiction or just want to experience something a little darker during your summer reading. It's especially relevant in today's world, and the themes expressed in the novel are still very much a part of society today. Racism, sexism, even fascism, all can be related to world politics and even the US.

As the old saying goes, we can't forget the past or we're doomed to repeat it. "Wolf by Wolf" is the kind of story that will stay with you, and impact you in ways you might not even realize.