Body Policing At The Gym: Woman Told To Cover Up

The crime of possessing boobs.

53
ppl-labs.com

When you go to the gym, your outfit is probably one of the last things you think about. The clothes you choose to work out in are chosen for their comfort and efficiency, nothing more. But one Ottawa woman was recently criticized for wearing a tank top to the gym. Workers told her that her breasts are "too large" and that she needed to cover up. She was told to go home and change into a t-shirt.

From the gym's response, you might think that the outfit was exceedingly revealing, but you can judge Ms. Vecchio's outfit for yourself here:

Wow! Shield your eyes! It's... a woman with BOOBS!

Wearing a tank top to the gym is not something that someone should be shamed for. Ms. Vecchio was undoubtedly singled out due to her natural figure. After all, if a woman with smaller breasts had been in the same outfit, no one would have commented on it. Ms. Vecchio's only crime was having a noticeable pair of breasts in a non-sexual environment.

Why is it that women are expected to hide the fact that they have boobs? Why was it so terrifying and offensive to gym goers that a woman with boobs was working out there? Why did they feel the need to impose their dress code onto her, despite the fact that she wasn't bothering anyone? The world may never know.

Here's a tip for if you're in public and you have a problem with someone's outfit: close your eyes! It's like a built-in censor! Now you can be free from having to see all those horrifying, traumatizing boobs.