No, Blocking A Toxic Person Isn't Immature, It Means You're Taking Control
relationships

You deserve all the love and happiness in the world and nobody can take that away from you.

4115

Maybe it's a toxic ex who abused you mentally, physically or both.

Maybe it's a friend who makes you feel jealous for hanging out with other people, talks behind your back and writes off your feelings as if they're nothing.

Maybe it's a family member who doesn't treat you like family because they hate the things you do or don't accept you for who you truly are.

Whoever it is, they don't have a right to hit you, manipulative you, invalidate your feelings and treat you as if you are the scum of the Earth.

You are a human with a beating heart who cries real tears and has real feelings and emotions. If you don't like the way someone is treating you, or if you are tired of putting up with them and can't deal with it anymore, there is a solution: hit the block button.

If they are attacking you over social media, remove them as a friend and block them.

If they won't stop calling and leaving horrific voicemails or keep sending text messages that don't need to be sent, block them.

Toxic people hurt, manipulate and talk down to people they love because it makes them feel better about themselves. It makes them feel as if you are at fault, not them.

Blocking someone does not make you immature. It doesn't mean you "took the easy way out" and it certainly does not mean you are stubborn and don't want to listen to anyone.

It means that you are rebuilding your life. It means you are finally happy again and that you've surrounded yourself with people who love, cherish and appreciate you and your presence.

It means that you realized how awful they were and how much they were impacting your life. Blocking someone who is toxic means that you are taking control of your life again and that they don't have a say anymore.

You don't have to live your life for anyone except yourself. You don't have to change the way you act, dress or do things just because someone is harassing you about it.

So, go ahead, hit the block button. Let them know that you won't take their shit anymore.