Poetry On Odyssey: A Mother's Day Poem

Poetry On Odyssey: A Mother's Day Poem

My mom has put up with a lot.

122
Poetry On Odyssey: A Mother's Day Poem
Brittany Slaughter

This mother’s day, I’d like to say

Thanks to my mom for the help along the way.

For the words of wisdom, I didn’t always want to hear

For always whispering that you love me in my ear.

Thanks for the kindness and times of fun

For making sure from my fears I didn’t run.

For the push when I needed it

And a shoulder to cry on

You have endured much as the years have gone.

For the help with math, and the frustration that it brought

For all of that you deserve a lot.

For the times we laughed until we cried

When we reminisced on memories between you and I.

For the times when I you called in tears

You rushed to the rescue, you are always near.

For the things you encouraged me to do

For all the times you didn’t say “I told you.”

You had to put up with many firsts

Having a daughter means emotions come in bursts.

From a first heartbreak and all the friend drama

You’ve always been a supportive mama.

You make sure I use common sense

When I’ve been accused you come to my defense.

People say I look like you

To me, this is a dream come true.

You have left some big shoes to fill

That’s what happens when you follow God’s will.

You pour scripture over me

I can feel the prayers you pray sincerely.

You’re my mom and I wouldn’t trade you for the world

Because of you I’m one blessed girl.

174700

122023

49748

241071

14 Last Minute Valentine's Day Gifts Your S.O. Will Love

If they love you, they're not going to care if you didn't get them some expensive diamond necklace or Rolex watch; they just want you.

142320

Let me preface this by saying I am not a bad girlfriend.

I am simply a forgetful one.

10 Helpful Tips For College Students Taking Online Courses This Semester

Here are several ways to easily pass an online course.

93375
Photo by Vlada Karpovich on Pexels

With spring semester starting, many college students are looking to take courses for the semester. With the pandemic still ongoing, many students are likely looking for the option to take online courses.

Online courses at one time may have seemed like a last minute option for many students, but with the pandemic, they have become more necessary. Online courses can be very different from taking an on-campus course. You may be wondering what the best way to successfully complete an online course is. So, here are 10 helpful tips for any student who is planning on taking online courses this semester!