Blake Horstmann Is The Best
relationships

Blake Horstmann Deserves The Best And Nothing Less

Blake, I love you.

107

One of my favorite things about summer is "The Bachelorette." It begins towards the end of the school year for me, so I look at it as a final gift for all of my hard work. I become so invested in the show and the people that I often find myself yelling at the TV with the arguing contestants.

With each season that passes, I have a new favorite. I started watching the show when it was Kaitlyn's season, and my favorite man was Shawn, which ended up being the winner. JoJo's season was next, and because I loved her so much, I was the most into it I ever was, and once again, my favorite man ended up winning. But then Rachel's season came along, and it was a nightmare.

I watched Rachel pick someone who would give her a ring over someone I thought truly loved her (if you're reading this Peter, I still love you). As Becca's season came around, I was really hoping all of the mistakes were over and done with. I was wrong.

Blake was a favorite of mine from the very beginning. He was one of the men to meet her before the show even started when she was first announced as the new bachelorette. In basically every episode, she would rant about how her and Blake's hearts "knew each other."

I had no idea what that meant, but it sounded so ridiculously cute and romantic that I ate it up.

Since the beginning, I knew he would make it to the end.

I mean, just taking one look at him is enough to convince me that he is worth everything. As the season went on, I swear I fell more in love with him. He's so smart, so kind, and gives 110% of his heart. Another thing I truly adored about him, though, was that he was completely real.

The producers showed him several times, overthinking the hell out of his few dates, and getting nervous about every date that Becca took a new boy on, as he should. He proved that he loved her through his actions, and the audience just knew it, probably before he even did.

And then, the fateful day came for the proposals. As I suspected, he made it to the end, and so did Garrett, the other guy who I knew would make it to the end. I really only assumed Garrett would make it far because the person who gets the "First Impression Rose" almost always makes it to the end, or at least really close to it.

Blake gave Becca his all, with one of the cutest proposals I have ever seen on The Bachelorette, and I could tell he was so insanely nervous (just him being real once again). Becca turned him down sadly, and that was the end for Blake. My heart broke with his, and the way he took it in front of Becca was so respectful.

Watching him break down immediately after, and then seeing his sad face on the live show, was just so gut-wrenching. Basically, Becca, why did you do this to poor Blake? He deserves nothing but the best and I hope he meets the love of his life soon (and BTW Blake, I'm here if you need me!).