12 Things Blair Waldorf Taught Us

12 Things Blair Waldorf Taught Us

What would Blair Waldorf do?

115
12 Things Blair Waldorf Taught Us
logolepsyxo.wordpress.com

From 2007 to 2012, "Gossip Girl" was one of the most popular shows on TV. A lot of people (including myself) say that their favorite character from the show was Queen B, Blair Waldorf of the East Side. Blair was someone we all strived to be: confident, driven, smart, caring, fashionable and all in all, a great person to have around. Here are some lessons Blair taught the world from the show, "Gossip Girl."

1. It's OK to make mistakes.

We all make mistakes, some more than others. But that doesn't mean a mistake stays with you forever; you can only learn from them and move on.

2. Never lower your standards.

Your preferences are something that makes you, you. Don't ever lower your standards because someone expects you to or asks you to. You are you, and you're awesome.

3. Fight for what you want.

Being driven and motivated in life will help you accomplish things and reach heights you didn't know you could achieve. Don't sit around and wait for something good to happen, get up and make it happen!

4. You don't need anyone to be happy.

Having a boyfriend is awesome, don't get me wrong, but Blair -- a.k.a. "Queen B." -- proved that being independent is perfectly fine and can be exciting too. There's nothing wrong with some "me time."

5. Always be respectful even if you can't stand someone.

Respect is very important in life. It's earned through hard work, effort and maybe a successful scheme or two.

6. Being organized comes in handy.

Being organized can really benefit us in all aspects of life, and Blair's shown us how maintaining an organized life has helped her. Whether it's her Grace Kelly-inspired fashion choices or how she quickly develops schemes to keep herself at the top, Blair makes sure she's always organized.

7. You can show your emotions.

It's OK to not be OK. We're not always perfect and happy, don't be afraid to hide your feelings for others.

8. It's good to think positive.

When things turned for the worse, Blair always kept her head held up high and tried to think on the bright side when possible.

9. Be there for your friends, no matter what.

Friends fight sometimes. The thing about friendship is that true friends will always be there for each other no matter how big a fight or how bad one screwed up.

10. Having fun is important.

One thing Blair did every once in a while was to have fun and enjoy life with her friends. We all deserve to have a break and enjoy ourselves!

11. Be blunt.

Honesty is important in any relationship, even if it's hard to say or hear. Blair was never ashamed by anything she ever said to anyone because she stood by her words, and you should too.

12. Always be confident.

Being confident lets people know that you're serious and aren't afraid to be yourself. You have to have self-confidence if you really want people to take you seriously.

You know you love me.

XOXO "Gossip Girl"