Sure, 'Captain Marvel' Was Good But It's Time For Black Widow To Get The Solo Movie She Deserves

Because Marvel could use a bit more girl power.

7721

"Captain Marvel," in spite of what critics have said, was a very well done movie. It was jam-packed with inspiring moments, kick-ass girl power, great casting, good music, and Marvel-type humor. I have been on a Marvel kick recently. I took some time off of watching movies after the first Avengers and had a difficult time catching up since they are all relatively connected storylines. After being reintroduced to some of their movies and spending my Christmas break catching up on all the goodness I have missed out on, I was pretty pumped to start the 2019 year of movies off with a midnight premiere spot for Captain Marvel.

My local theater was electric with Marvel fans. There were so many types of people pulling up to see the movie, from businessmen and women who just got off work to loyal fans with custom made t-shirts. It didn't matter who you were, what you looked like or where you came from, you were part of this movie family for the next two hours. We all laughed together. We clapped together. My theater even brought in their own Captian Marvel to take pictures with.

Amongst all of the madness and leaving the theater pretty ecstatic for the other Marvel movies about to come, I came to realize that all of this love and hype should be directed to the woman who really deserves it... Black Widow.

Black Widowhttps://gifer.com/en/R5ST

Black Widow has been there for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) from the beginning. Before the Avengers were united and before the Disney buy out. Scarlett Johannsson has brought the MCU with iconic looks, lines and fight scenes.

While we are all uniting behind the beauty of Captain Marvel and the power of womanhood, we're not bringing enough acknowledgment to the woman who made the MCU what is it today.

One of the biggest (and only) critiques I have for Captain Marvel was you truly only understood the movie to its full entity if you were a Marvel fan. Black Widow can't do the same thing if it wants to have an impact on cinematic history. That quality is what made Wonder Woman as successful as it was. You didn't need to see every D.C movie in order to enjoy and appreciate the film. You were never lost in plot or missing jokes. The movie held well on its own, which is something Captain Marvel lacked. You would be able to grasp the plot of Captain Marvel without knowing Marvel history or characters, but the little added moments that make the movie so good wouldn't be comprehended by someone who has maybe seen one or two Marvel movies in their time.

Black Widow deserves a stand-alone solo movie with its own plot and has the ability to empower all women, not just women who have seen Marvel films.

Black Widow deserves her midnight movie premiere to be the most important event in Marvel history. A film that is truly dedicated to showing everyone how powerful women can be.

And if anyone is worried about Marvel not being able to deliver on this task...

Black Widowhttps://tenor.com/view/natasha-romanoff-black-widow-gif-10763019