Lately, there has been a lot of emphasis on the term "black privilege" along with several questions about why it is not being discussed. Firstly, never have I heard of a term so self-contradicting as black privilege; an example that perfectly defines a paradox.

Let’s go through the simple basics:
1. Privilege according to Merriam-Webster is “a right or benefit that is given to some people and not to others.” Keyword: "benefit."
2. Black is the general term used to represent people of darker color, usually Africans and people of African descent.
3. Therefore saying black privilege means there are certain benefits people enjoy because they are or identify themselves as black.

This is where it gets tricky:
There are no benefits to being black. There never have been. During slavery, it was about preventing any type of racial and human benefit for blacks as well as justifying this by every means necessary. The most successful of these means was planting ideas that belittles and dehumanizes black people. They planted seeds that black is ugly, sinful, corrupt, criminals, evil, dangerous, poor and immoral, just to mention a few. It’s the 21st century and those seeds are trees now. You would think today that people are informed enough to see these problems and finally start to do something about it. Wrong! You would think everyone is educated and smart enough to know that years of hatred for one specific color does not just vanish into thin air. Wrong! That is not the case!

What benefits are there? Black males (regardless of age) are still being profiled and shot, there are people still trying to justify their deaths, many of the cops are still getting away with the killings. Every time we gather to speak up (#BlackLivesMatter) we are still being shunned, picked out and oppressed. Their answer is get over it (#AllLivesMastter). Black women are still the most disrespected group in America. Saying black privilege is equivalent to saying unprivileged privilege, it makes no sense. There is no truth to it. You have a better chance finding a teardrop in an ocean.

Black in terms of an entire race of people represents the group that has and is institutionally, socially and systemically undervalued. If you think there is any benefit to this...YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.