Black People Don't Need To Do Anything To Fix Racism

How can the victims of something be the ones to fix the problem?

99
vibe.com

If the definition of racism is a little ambiguous to you, look it up now before diving into the article. With that being said, there is absolutely no way possible for a Black person to fix racism. The problem does not start and end with Black people. It starts with the oppressors and the people who have all of the power in society.

I can only write this on behalf of people that are African-Americans and Black people because that is what I identify as. I cannot write this for all people of color as I am only one of many. I do not understand the fight of other people of color so this article is specifically meant for black people.

With recent events in, there is one underlying factor that is at the root of it all. Racism.

How can black people fix the problem if they cannot be racist? That is the question there. That is how Black people cannot do anything to solve it. For black people, it does not start with us. The overplayed narrative that people love to start a conversation with “Stop killing each other then maybe racist won’t hate you” must stop.

How is that a possible solution? We have to fix our communities so we can expect the decency to be treated as human beings by a racist? Black people were hated for being black long before the notion of “black on black” crime so that completely defunct that ludicrous argument. “Black on black crime” only a thing in society that people use as a strawman because people do not understand that most crime happens in interracial communities.

Black people just want to live and not be stereotyped, “fit a description” and be killed for being black. Black people want to live and be happy without some people saying we have are angry, have an attitude or illogical when people of all races are those things but as we see black people are the only ones to be singled out for it.

Black people shouldn’t be forced to change their hairstyles or their names to get jobs and promotions. Systematic racism needs to be destroyed for it to change. Even when black people follow the law, racism allows police officers to arrest and kill innocent black people without facing any punishment. Racism allows people in a position to discriminate. So again I ask how can the people that are being discriminated against fix racism? There isn’t an answer for that.

When others simply understand and accept the fact that racists do not like people solely because of their skin color as they have been conditioned to think that they are superior to those of another race because of their history then we can begin to see change. However it is still amazing to see in 2016 people are blind to that and hind behind their privilege and blame their ancestors. To live in a country founded upon racism and deny that it still exist 50 years later after the Civil Rights movement is willfully ignorant at best. So to fix racism in this country, the powers that be need to look in the mirror and realize who is at the root of racism because I promise they will not see any black people.