15 Black-Owned Tech Companies Bound To Make Your Life Easier

15 Black-Owned Tech Companies Bound To Make Every Aspect Of Your Life Significantly Easier

These CEOs are killing the game.

45837

As an Information Sciences student, I've always been intrigued by the startup culture in the tech industry.

Seeing how small businesses grow into large tech companies has always been something that is so inspiring to me, watching these hardworking founders expand their team and grow their ideas into something much larger and greater.

However, like with other sectors of society, the tech industry often misses out on spotlighting CEOS and companies run by people of color.

Combined with me recently trying to be more conscious of shopping at small businesses, I've recently done some personal research on some Black-owned tech companies, ranging from apps to websites, to tech accessories, all of whom are up to amazing things, that are worth taking a look at and supporting.

Travel:

Localeur: For all your post-quarantine travels and when you still want to support local businesses in your destination city

@localeur

Noirbnb: For finding safe, welcoming rentals all over the world for BIPOC

@noirbnb

Airfordable: For allowing you to split up your flight ticket costs into affordable payment plans

@airfordable

Beauty:

Tressenoir: For on-demand beauty salon booking, done in the comfort of your own home!

@tressenoir

Swivel Beauty: To find the best hairstylists for your hair and preferred style in New York City

@swivelbeauty

Beaudentity: An app for finding Black-owned beauty companies with a cashback system to reward you for supporting them!

@beaudentity

Everyday Life:

On Second Thought: An app that lets you un-send text messages when you send them to the wrong person. Let's be honest, we've all been there!

EatOkra: An app that allows you to find Black-owned restaurants near you

@eatokratheapp

Official Black Wall Street App: An online marketplace for you to support Black-owned businesses and their owners

@officialblackwallstreet

Health & Wellness:

Journey Foods: Uses food technology to create sustainable, nutritious snacks

@journeyfoods

Tambua Health: To screen yourself for respiratory illnesses straight from your smartphone

The Difference: For access to affordable mental health counseling right on your device

Career & Professional Development:

Backstage Crowd: A venture capital fund that invests in entrepreneurs of underrepresented backgrounds

@backstagecapital

Scholly: An app that finds niche scholarships for incoming college students, with the aim to "provide opportunity for all"

Blendoor: An app that functions somewhat like Linkedin, but promotes job recruiting solely on merit, eliminating racial discrimination in the process.