I'm sure by now you have seen the news and everyone post about the murder of George Floyd and the Black Lives Matter protests, you may not know what you can do to help. Maybe you are not physically able to make it out to the protests or unable to afford to make a donation right now, but there are still things you can do to help. The easiest and quickest way to still support a cause and help make a difference is to sign a petition. It is important to show your support and help speak out against police brutality and the on going racism in our country, because if you are not helping fix the problem you are part of the problem.All of these are on https://www.change.org/
Subscribe to our
Here are some of my faves during the month of September
September has become one of my favorite months because of the freshness that's awarded to me when it arrives. Heat from the summer has vanished, leaves have turned into festive colors and every day is a perfect day. Provided below are some of my favorite things for the month of September:
1. Fall Colored Nail Polish
Gold, emerald green, rusty orange and maroon are my top faves for fall colored nail polish. Those colors keep me at ease and I love how they compliment my fall fits.
2. Cozy Slippers
A pair of cozy slippers screams comfort and the beginning of Fall. After a long day, I love slipping into a pair of cozy slippers and finishing little tasks around my dorm room.
3. Chai Tea
4. Blue Jeans
Aaah, there's nothing better than a pair of form fitting jeans. Blue jeans pairs with anything and the comfort level is amazing. I can't get enough of a pair of blue jeans, especially at the beginning of Fall. September makes blue jeans A MUST for me.
5. Fluffy Vanilla Febreeze
Febreeze is my favorite brand to use for air freshener. There's nothing like Fluffy Vanilla Febreeze, it sets the tone for my dorm room. I have to have this scent to start off the season, without it Fall semester is a tragedy. (Exaggeration needed)
6. Caramel Frappes
Oh my, God, a caramel frappe has the key to my heart! There's nothing like it! McDonald's is the only place I go to purchase one of these bad boys.
7. Gold Anything
The love I have for gold is real. Nothing beats a gold pillow, a gold bracelet, gold earrings, gold glitter, gold anything is so refreshing. I love the way it accents my skin and all things around it. It screams new beginnings and it screams September. I am at peace when there is gold around and there is something about gold that gives off a subtle fancy vibe.
So far these items are my all time favorite for the month of September. They scream Fall and they all represent what fall is all about. Everything on this list has been my aid during the month of September, I hope you can find some comfort from these items provided.
Yep. The weather is fine up here... I've totally never heard that before.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE being tall. Sometimes I even wish I was taller. One of the downsides of being tall however, is having to put up with ridiculous questions and statements. I can assure that all tall people are tired of being asked what the weather is like "up here", but here are a few other things we don't want to hear anymore.
1. "Do You Play Basketball?"
Nope. I don't have a reason to lie about this either.
3. "Why Don't You Play Basketball?"
Let's see... I'm not athletic, I'm uncoordinated, I'm a sore loser, and I'm not competitive. I wish I was more into sports, but I'm not. I just don't enjoy basketball, but I do love watching it. Not everyone with fingers plays piano, so why does every tall person HAVE to play basketball?
4. "Do You Run Track?"
5. "Do You Swim?"
6. "So What Do You Play?"
Nothing. People of all heights can be athletic and participate in sports, sports are not just for tall people.
What does me giving you the measurements do? If I'm standing in the same room as you, you can obviously see that I'm tall. And if I do tell you how tall I am you're going to say "NO WAY!" and assume I'm lying, just like you assumed I was lying about not playing basketball.
8. "How Tall are Your Parents?"
Shocker! They're also tall. Not really sure why you care...
Oh yes I know. I can never find shoes, I can never borrow my friends shoes, and I look ridiculous in heels.
When you say Wisconsin, you've said it all!
We truly love it here in the Badger State. Here are a few things Wisconsinites can relate to.
- You know Wisconsin is the true Dairy State. We run on milk and cheese.
- You’ve hit a deer with your car or at least know someone who has multiple times.
- You get super excited when "Jump Around" comes on and proceed to do just that.
- You’ve danced the polka with your grandpa or a great aunt at least once.
- You know that Summerfest is the ultimate music party of the summer.
- When you go to church on Sundays during football season, at least half the folks are wearing green and gold.
- You’re proud of the fact that we love beer. You can thank WI for Miller, Leinenkugel’s, Point, Spotted Cow and PBR, among others. (But we remind you to "Drink Wisconsinably!")
- Your favorite summer vacation as a kid was to Wisconsin Dells—the water park capital of the world!
- In the winter in elementary school, snow pants, boots and a big coat were required before going out to recess.
- It’s totally normal to walk into someone’s house and see multiple bucks mounted on the wall.
- Your town is practically dead on a Friday night in the fall because everybody is at the high school football game.
- You’d be lost without Culver’s ButterBurgers and custard.
- You’ve owned a cheesehead at some point in your life.
- When half of the school goes missing during the fall, you know it’s hunting season.
- When at the state fair, the first thing you want to find are the cream puffs. Second are the cheese curds.
- You're proud of the fact that the Green Bay Packers are the only publicly owned, non-profit sports organization in the U.S.
- You get excited when Wisconsin is mentioned in your favorite movies and shows. Wisconsin is referenced in "Mean Girls," "The Great Gatsby," "Bridesmaids," "That 70s Show," "Titanic," and "Home Alone."
- You know when someone says “I want a brat,” they’re not talking about a whiny kid.
- You’ve tried sauerkraut and it’s not bad.
- Friday nights in the spring are reserved for fish frys.
- You know what a bubbler is.
- No matter what college you go/went to, you’ll always root for the Badgers.
- You hated Brett Favre when he left, but have since learned to forgive him.
- A foot of snow fell last night? Sorry you’re still going to school.
- You know that on a sunny summer Saturday in Madison the farmer’s market is the place to be.
- You refer to the Packers as “we.”
- You’ll take your cheese curds squeaky or deep fried; as long as they’re from Wisconsin.
- Some of your best summer memories were made up north.
- You find it awesome that our state is home to cool things like the Lumberjack World Championships, the Hamburger Hall of Fame, EAA AirVenture and a 40-foot Muskie statue.
- Between the snow, beer, cheese and the Pack, your heart lies in Wisconsin.
From yummy pumpkin spice lattes to scary movies, fall has it all and then some.
Oh fall, the most marvelous time of year...right? Every approaches fall differently, some pumpkin spice-tastically and some not so enthusiastically. We can't all be Autumn lovers, so here are five types of people in fall. Grab a cup of hot coca, sit back, and enjoy.
1. Pumpkin EVERYTHING squad.
You know these people, the ones who count down the days until Starbucks releases their coveted Pumpkin Spice Latte. They just can't enough of pumpkin everything: pumpkin muffins, pumpkin drinks, pumpkin decorations, and actual pumpkins. It's an addiction, but hey, everyone has one right?
2. Someone call for oversized sweaters, leggings, and UGGS?
Come September, streets and college campuses all over the U.S. become overrun with girls in oversized sweaters, supporting their school/state football team of course, and those, oh so, stylish UGG boots. Hey, I'm not complaining though, I've rocked this look more than once and it probably won't be the last time. We can't all dress up everyday. But let's not forget a perfected messy bun and Starbucks pumpkin spice latte to complete the look, it is fall after all.
3. Huntin' season is upon us once again.
While some of us may be relishing in the festivities of fall, others are out for the kill, literally. Neither land, sky, or water is safe from the hungry hunters of autumn. Hunting isn't for everyone, but for those that do, there is no better time than those cool fall months.
4. Hut, hut, hut! It's football season.
Almost everyone recognizes fall as football season, but for some their love for the game surpasses all reason. Football fans deck out their homes with all things football, they host game day parties, they go the full 100 yards so to speak. From high school to the NFL, you can't contain a football fanatic come September on.
5. Fall holiday logic: BOO! What are you thankful for?
Fall might just have more holidays than any other season. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Labor Day, and heck even Black Friday make fall one of the busiest seasons by far and for those that love the hustle and bustle there is no better time of year. Open the flood gates and let the festivities begin!
From yummy pumpkin spice lattes to scary movies, fall has it all and then some. So, whatever fall means to you let's take this time to truly enjoy all that it has to offer.
Going to the state fair? Sign me up.
If you're like me, by this time of year you're over summer. The beach, the sunshine, and the heat were all great, but now we're itching for blanket scarves, football, and pumpkin spice EVERYTHING! As the new season approaches, your relationship can benefit from some old traditional dates and some new fresh ideas! Here are a couple great date ideas for you and your boo to try out this fall.
1. Light a bonfire and roast some s'mores.
Fall is the best time to snuggle up by a bonfire and roast s'mores. It's a great time to take advantage of the great fall weather and look up at the stars while eating your sweet treats.
2. Go out to a football game!
Whether it be college or high school, fall is notorious for Friday night lights and football games. If you both like sports, find a football game in your area and become apart of the fan section in the stands!
3. Carve a pumpkin.
Hit up the local pumpkin patch and pick out the pumpkins that best fit you! Then, later get creative and carve the pumpkins together. The messy times will be the best memory.
4. Paint a pumpkin.
If you're not into the messy side of pumpkins, be creative and decorate your own by painting it, or better yet, paint a pumpkin for each other!
5. Hit up a local or state fair.
I know it's stereotypical, but one of the best parts of fall is the fair. Whether it's county and small or state and big, the fried food, rides, and games will give you the perfect fun night.
6. Go to a corn maze.
Just like an escape room, a corn maze provides a fun challenge for you both to work together to get out, and if you're feeling adventurous, go to the haunted mazes to get spooked.
7. Go to an outdoor movie night.
Either a drive in or a projector and sheet in your backyard, take movie night outside while the weather is nice and watch either your favorite movies or some Halloween themed movies for a new spin on a night in.
8. Take a day trip.
Finally, take a day trip to your place of choice, maybe have a picnic, and enjoy the weather and the beautiful fall colors.
While these are just a few, there are plenty of date ideas for this upcoming fall, discover your favorite. Make the most of the season and "fall" for your significant other all over again.
1. Brittany Morgan, National Writer's Society
2. Radhi, SUNY Stony Brook
3. Kristen Haddox, Penn State University
4. Jennifer Kustanovich, SUNY Stony Brook
5. Clare Regelbrugge, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign