Bishop Briggs Crosses Off A Bucket List Item In Phoenix

The dynamic songstress graced the stage of the Van Buren in Phoenix, Arizona. It was a night to remember for everyone in the room.

82

After the release of her first studio album "Church of Scars" in April of this year, it became clear that singer/songwriter Bishop Briggs would be a force to reckon with in the alternative rock scene and her performance this past weekend at Phoenix, Arizona's Van Buren proved no different. As a bucket list venue for Briggs and a hometown show for drummer Beaux Evans, the stage was radiating with contagious energy and badass music.

The powerhouse singer has already racked up an impressive resume: touring alongside Coldplay, releasing a single with Cold War Kids, hitting Billboard charts with "River," and landing spots at festivals from KROQ to Coachella but throughout it all, there is still a resounding humbleness that comes across when she's on stage. There's no question though that, with enough talent to fill any room, she deserves every ounce of recognition she receives.

Quite literally running laps across the stage, stomping to the drum kicks, and attacking lyrics with every fiber of her body until she's out of breath between songs. Even with the human moment of forgetting the lyrics to "White Flag," Bishop Briggs puts every part of her heart and soul into a performance.

Of course, fan favorites like "Wild Horses" and "River" made their way into the rotation of the set, but the standout moment came from the introduction of several new songs both off the album and some that have yet to be released.

Before performing "Let Me Out" a currently unreleased single, Briggs prepped the audience with the meaning: after being in a relationship that made her feel as if her opinions hadn't mattered and her importance as a person was being diminished, she decided to run. The speech continued "your opinions matter. But" pause for effect "But, there is a little asterisk there. And it's a small asterisk but it's an important one. Your opinion matter unless you're homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic, sexist, or racist. Alright, let's play some music."

With both the striking power and relatable vulnerability of an artist achieving their dreams, Briggs will be crossing off bucket list venues for years to come and enjoying plenty of wine glasses filled with M&Ms.;

"Church of Scars" is available everywhere music is sold. Bishop Briggs will continue to tour across North America throughout September. Keep up with her latest news at www.bishopbriggs.com.