21 Things I Need To Tell My Older Brother On His 21st Birthday

Love you, bro.

1586
boy holding pheasants with a dog
Lauren Wetzel

One person in my life who is a constant is my older brother, Davis. Through thick and thin, he's got my back (though he is kind of required to be because he's my family). With his 21st birthday coming up this week, here are 21 things I want my older brother to know on his special day.

1. Even if I don't call you very often, I think about you a lot. 

I just get kind of forgetful and forget that my phone works.

2. Your sense of humor always makes me smile.

As much as I hate puns, you are a pun master.

3. I can always come to you for an honest opinion.

Even if you tell me my hair makes me look like a cartoon character, I at least know that you're honest.

4. You're always awake for a 3 a.m. conversation.

You might be pissed that I woke you up, but you will definitely talk to me. At least until you fall asleep.

5. You have great taste in music.

Metallica, Billy Joel, and classical — your music choices say it all.

6. You may be a jerk sometimes, but you have a kind heart.

Even if you're kind of rude, you have good intentions. Most of the time.

7. When you send me memes or .GIFs, it's the best part of my day.

Never stop sending me memes and gifs. Ever.

8. You're incredibly talented at everything you do. 

Whether you're playing guitar or making guitars, your talent shines through.

9. You're the life of the party. 

The party literally doesn't start until you walk in. Mostly because you're hosting.

10. Even if we're having two different conversations at the same time, I'm always listening to you.

It's a habit we'll never break when we're talking, but I'm always listening to you.

11. You're a better driver then me. 

There. I said it. You're welcome.

12. You like some quirky things, but your quirks are what make you you. 

Dungeons and Dragons, old movies, and vintage cars are what make up your personality.

13. You're a whole lot smarter than you think you are.

Just saying.

14. You should never change for anyone. 

You're great the way you are.

15. You keep our family from being too serious.

If we didn't have you, I think Mom and I would fight way more.

16. Your cooking skills are better than my own. 

Just another thing that you're better at then me (I'm also expecting bacon-wrapped BBQ duck when I come home).

17. You're going to be successful in whatever you do. 

I have a lot of faith in you, older brother. Don't let me down.

18. I'll always give you crap for your Christmas gifts. 

Kazoos as Christmas gifts for the whole family probably wasn't the best idea.

19. You're one of my favorite people.

You know I only like so many people, so you should be excited to be one of them.

20. You're the best older brother I could have ever asked for. 

I may only have one of you (biologically), but I couldn't have asked for a better one.

21. I love you. 

Whether we're one door down or five states away, I'll always love you older brother. Have a great birthday!

From Your Site Articles