10 Reasons 'Birds Of Prey' Is An Iconic Film For Women

One of DC's best

69
DC Films

A lot of good DC movies have been coming out recently. In 2016 the DC universe took on a movie that involves its most iconic villains such as The Joker and Harley Quinn.

The audience fell in love with Margot Robbie's portrayal of the infamous female villain. Finally, we get a standalone film with Harley Quinn in 2020.

What makes it even better, is she is joined by a group of female DC characters who haven't been featured in live-action films yet. Here are 10 reasons why "Birds of Prey And The Fantabulous Emancipation Of One Harley Quinn" is an iconic film.

It has amazing women.

All of the characters in "Birds of Prey" are so badass and have amazing backstories. They all are cast so well and it makes Birds of Prey an iconic feminist film.

The film has vibrant colors.

The visuals of a film can be important especially now because the aesthetics and cinematography are often talked about. The cinematography used in this film fit with the aesthetic of Harley Quinn which adds a lot of beauty to the film.

It has some hilarious moments.

The film adds comedy that Harley Quinn brings to the movie because her character has a funny and carefree personality that makes the audience love her so much.

It has a fabulous soundtrack.

The soundtrack to the film is as equally badass as its characters. That musical performance seems so random but it adds to the film's unique and out-there aesthetic. The visuals of that performance are beautiful along with Quinn's look matching the stage.

The film is wildly out there.

The film creates this out there and unique aesthetic that is Harley Quinn. For example, her having a pet hyena or the random musical number. It also is told in a way that Harley Quinn would tell it, as it is narrated a bit by her.

There are points that are very deep and real.

Although, this film has comedy and crazy moments, it also has deep moments. It talks about female oppression, loneliness and how losing someone takes a toll on you.

Then it shows these women rising above what they've been through and kicking ass. Overall, the film has a good message.

It has an intensely bad villain.

Obviously, all villains are bad but there are some villains in superhero movies that are in the middle or they are bad and become good.

However, Black Mask is a nasty villain who does awful things which is a more realistic portrayal of how evil a person would have to be to become a "supervillain."

There are some badass fight scenes.

The action sequences in this film even had a certain aesthetic and were all amazing fight scenes. From the glitter gun Quinn uses or the rain added to the fight scene.

Sometimes, they would even add comedy to the fight scenes which usually consisted of Quinn.

It is so much fun to watch.

This is a film that you couldn't keep your eyes off of. All of the characters are amazing and they all portrayed them so well. The visuals are fun, it makes you laugh and overall makes you watch it in awe.

It perfectly captures the Harley Quinn we love.

Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn captured people's eyes in "Suicide Squad" because her portrayal of the comic character is awing.

In this film, we get to see a lot more of her and it makes us love her even more. We get to see more of her personality and how uniquely odd she can be but also how real and imperfect she can be too. It is a beautifully impressive performance from Margot Robbie.

The new Harley Quinn and "Birds of Prey" film is worth the watch for so many reasons. The biggest reasons are the characters and their badass fighting skills and in-depth backstories. Birds of Prey is a thrill to watch and we hope to see more of these characters in the future.