25 Quotes From ‘Christmas Vacation’ That Perfectly Encapsulate Your Mental State In 2020

"Hallelujah! Holy shi*t! Where's the Tylenol?"

189618

Hollywood has gifted us with the classic "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" film starring Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo 31 years ago, but it is still relevant and a magnificent delight, even in the times of the COVID-19 global pandemic. This film is a must-watch every year as it brings forth the enthusiasm and holiday vibes in the hearts of every family during the holiday season!

While celebrating this magnum opus, I would like to share 25 quotes that mirror our 2020 mental state to the core.

“Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, kiss my ass. Kiss his ass. Kiss your ass. Happy Hanukkah."

The state of mind when you are being forced to do things that you would never want to do even in your wildest dreams. What a tough position to be in, don't you think?

“Hallelujah! Holy sh*t! Where's the Tylenol?"

During the festive season, things tend to get very unpredictable. In other words, maintaining our mental sanity becomes a major hurdle. So it is always a good idea to have Tylenol with us!

“Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?"

Haha, this quote cracks me up everytime! In the times we are living in, this line mimics the mental state of many people who are battling diverse types of situations on their own.

“Worse? How could things get any worse? Take a look around here, Ellen. We're at the threshold of hell."

The holidays are a time where there is a riot of things to do and organize. It is not always easy to coordinate many events and make those events rejoiceful for family or friends.

“I don't know what to say, except it's Christmas and we're all in misery."

christmas vacation gift Giphy

“Lotta sap in here! Mmmm... Looks great! Little full, lotta sap."

christmas vacation GIF Giphy

“We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f***ing Kaye."

Yes, we will! Having this type of uplifting vibe and stamina will drive this Christmas season full of pomp and splendor. This should be the tenet in which we lead our lives. Also, a constant reminder that life is a dynamic journey filled with many roadblocks and detours that will only strengthen our willpower to solve all problems with minimal stress.

“Surprised, Eddie?... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn’t be more surprised.”

"The most enduring traditions of the season are best enjoyed in the warm embrace of kith and kin."

With the global pandemic this year, it has become increasingly difficult to compromise on social interactions that was almost second nature to us. However, cherish the people who you are able to celebrate Christmas with and hold on to them as tightly as possible. Our family serves as the force of unity that can diminish all sorts of negativity and bring a smile on our faces.

"I hope nobody I know drives by and sees me standing in the yard staring at the house in my pajamas."

“She falls down a well, her eyes go cross. She gets kicked by a mule. They go back. I don't know."

This line encapsulates our state of mind when we lose sight of what we had initially planned to accomplish, and instead fall below our expectations.

“Clark, stop it. I don’t want to spend the holidays dead.”

christmas vacation GIF Giphy

When our hearts start racing rapidly, we tend to harbor such negative and anxious thoughts. This line exemplifies what it feels like when we start having an onset of panic attacks.

“Every time Catherine revved up the microwave, I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for about half an hour or so."

You Got It Wink GIF by Johnny Slicks Giphy

This year has left us lost in thoughts and even remembering who we are and what day of the week it is has become a complicated task.

“You couldn’t hear a dump truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant.”

christmas vacation GIF Giphy

Definitely a "wake-up" call to all of us who are bamboozled with outlandish and weird thoughts in 2020!

“Oh, the silent majesty of a winter’s morn; the clean, cool chill of the holiday air; and an assh*le in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer.”

merry christmas GIF Giphy

Aww, such vibrant depictions that mimic the two alternate universes that encapsulates our mind on a daily basis. Oftentimes, we tend to get distracted and start dreaming about two different worlds when we struggle to balance the one we are currently living in.

"Do you hear it? It's a funny squeaky sound."

christmas vacation GIF Giphy

Yup, the dreary echos of an inner conscience telling me what to do and what not to do.

“Dad, you taught me everything I know about exterior illumination.”

jack daniels christmas movies GIF Giphy

This is a great quote to use when we are thinking about our father and what they have taught us in life. So whenever you are frustrated, please recall the words of wisdom from Pops to fuel your mental strength and resilience!

"We're not driving all the way out here so you can get one of those stupid ties with Santa Clauses on it, are we, Dad?"

This quote strikes a chord every time since I hear it since it recapitulates many memories we share with our parents and family. Despite the situation being a bit irritating, sometimes that little twinge of irritation is all we thirst for.

"Nobody’s walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. We’re all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here."

christmas vacation GIF Giphy

Never consider yourself alone and strive to remain fully connected to others. If we work as a team, then we can definitely overcome all odds and make the festive season spectacular!

“Is your house on fire, Clark?”

christmas vacation GIF Giphy

Sometimes, it seems like our mind is on fire when nothing is going as planned.

"Eat my road grit, Liver lips!"

christmas vacation GIF Giphy

Exactly what we would say when we come across a rather absurd situation or idea!

"And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse"

christmas vacation GIF Giphy

When things go wrong, resort to unleashing the jolly ol' self that you may have forgotten.

Todd: Hey, Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that, Griswold.Clark: I wasn't talking to you.

christmas vacation GIF Giphy

“We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we're gonna need plastic surgery to remove our goddamn smiles!”

christmas vacation GIF Giphy

This sounds like too much of an overstatement and our mental state changes drastically in warp speed. So we may need to broaden our horizons to seek adventure and eventually require a Plastic Surgeon to remove our smiles!

“We are gonna have the hap-hap-happiest Christmas.”

"Christmas Vacation" is an integral part in every family's life as it brings out all the threads that tie us to our loved ones, even in the most obnoxious and uncomfortable situations we encounter in life. Plus, these iconic collection of quotes paints the most accurate picture of our mental state in 2020 and are worth reminiscing every year!