15 Binge-Worthy TV Shows That You Absolutely Need In Your Life

Some new, some old, but all worth your time and lack of sleep.

77

Baby, it's cold outside! Know what that means? It's primetime to bundle up on your couch, sip on something warm, and binge-watch a new show. As people are always looking for good shows to watch, I figured I'd provide my readers with a plethora of options this holiday season. Some of these are my personal favorites and others are suggestions from friends and family. Enjoy!

1. Outlander

The better question is, are you ready? I could just leave this beautiful specimen here and let you find out what the series is about for yourself. However, I will provide you with a brief description of each show I've listed.

Outlander is based on a series of best-seling novels written by Diana Gabaldon. The show won this year's E! People's Choice Award for "The Bingeworthy Show of 2019", and has won many other awards since the show first aired in 2014. In this thrilling drama, Claire Randall, a British Army nurse is on her second honeymoon in Scotland with her husband Frank in the year 1946. While, exploring the nearby sights, she unexpectedly finds herself transported back to the year 1743, where she stumbles upon a handsome Highland warrior named Jamie Fraser. From the moment she falls into this foreign world, she's forced to choose between the new life that she's fallen into or running back to the life she once knew, as well as the men that come with those decisions.

This is a show that is sure to never disappoint. It's full of history, excitement, romance, adventure, and lots of drama to keep you on your toes. The first two seasons of the show can be streamed on Netflix and all four seasons can be streamed on Starz or Amazon Prime. Better start now Sassenach, season five airs February 16, 2020!

2. Game of Thrones

Before you write off Game Of Thrones, throw away every second-hand comment you've hear about the show and watch it for yourself. Is it graphic? Yes. Is the plot extremely intricate and complicated? Yes. Is it a great show? Yes.

This medieval fantasy drama is based off of a series of novels written by George R. R. Martin and later adapted into an American television series for HBO. Even if you've never seen the show, you've probably seen the beautiful places it's been filmed. The show has been primarily produced and filmed in Croatia, Iceland, Ireland, Malta, Morocco, and Spain. The series centers around the noble families of "the Seven Kingdoms", a fictional realm. While some fight for their independence, others are fighting to sit on the Iron Throne.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

I cannot say enough good things about this one. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is yet another relatable and ingenious show by Amy Sherman-Palladino!

Rachel Brosnahan immediately captures your heart, makes you laugh, and makes your life feel a little less crazy. In this Amazon original series, "a housewife in the 1950s decides to become a stand-up comic". As if her class, sophistication, and style weren't enough, she's intoxicatingly hilarious. She's a blunt, vivacious, and truly a visionary for her time. For some comedic relief, you can stream the first two seasons of this show on Amazon. The third season is set to premiere on December 6th, so get excited!

Here's a sneak peak at Season Three !

Grey's Anatomy

Is there anything Shonda Rhimes can't do? Should we be taking count of how many times this woman has moved us to tears? Because I've definitely already lost count. This woman creates television masterpieces that hold meaning, morals, and messages that leave impressions on our hearts, our days, and our lives. If that's not art, or mastery of an art, I'm not sure what is.

Grey's Anatomy is one of the longest running television series to date, airing back in 2005 and currently on its sixteenth season. This medical drama includes romance, excitement, and lots of surgeries. So, if you squirm at blood... maybe not the show for you. Here's a trailer for season 16, as well as one for the mid-season premiere airing on January 23rd!

Sex and the City

Grab your girlfriends, grab your wine, it's time to binge! And men, if you want a little insight into the female mind... you're welcome!

Sex and The City is one of the most well-written shows of our time in my opinion. The show was intended to be "frank - and female first" (Marissa Blanchard). Darren Star, creator of the HBO series, explains "From the beginning I wanted it to be a show about independent women who were not looking to define themselves by a man. They are women who are career oriented, sexually free, and always about putting themselves and their friendship with each other first" he says, in an interview with Melissa Blanchard on the 20th Anniversary of the series. The show was revolutionary for its time and continues to relate and connect with generations today. Darren Star has created a series that is truly timeless. Do yourself a favor and go watch it in its entirety. All of the seasons can be streamed through HBO or Amazon Prime!

In the wise words of Carrie Bradshaw, "Maybe the best any of us can do is not to quit, play the hand we've been given, and accessorize the outfit we've got".

Scandal

No one wears the "white hat" quite like Olivia Pope!

Scandal is another series written by Shonda Rhimes. In this American political thriller, actress Kerry Washington plays Olivia Pope, deemed the best fixer in Washington D.C. With her team of "gladiators in suits", these few individuals can solve and fix just about any problem that comes their way. There are seven seasons of this series and they can all be streamed on Netflix!

Shameless

Shameless, currently on its tenth season, depicts deep south-side Chicago in it's most comedically honest light. Instead of giving you an in-depth description of this plot. I think I'll just leave this trailer here and let you decide how you feel about the Gallaghers. Considering how sheltered some people are, you'll either be completely shell-shocked that people such as this exist, or feel right at home and think it's f***ing hilarious. Either way, it can be streamed on Showtime, Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu! Go laugh your a** off!

Gossip Girl

"You know you love me, xoxo, Gossip Girl..."

Spotted! Another series that is timeless.

Black Mirror

I'd like to think of Black Mirror as today's modern, technologically advanced Twilight Zone.

The Crown

You

media.giphy.com

You is a relatively new Netflix original series. It is an American psychological thriller starring Penn Badgley. His character Joe is not your average guy. He is charming, but incredibly obsessive and continuously "goes to extreme measures to insert himself into the lives of those he is transfixed by". The first season can be streamed on Netflix and the second season is set to release on December 26, 2019!

Soundtrack

Soundtrack is a brand new Netflix original series, airing December 18, 2019! This new-age musical drama has an amazing cast and features songs by Amy Winehouse, Etta James, Bruno Mars, The Weeknd and more". The first season can be streamed now on Netflix!

Here is a trailer for the first season! Go watch!

Lost In Space

media.giphy.com

Yet another Netflix original coming your way!

The Office

If you have never binge watched the Office at some point in your life, what are you doing? Go do yourself a favor and laugh a little.

Friends

Can you every really go wrong with a Friends marathon?

From Your Site Articles