Baby, it's cold outside! Know what that means? It's primetime to bundle up on your couch, sip on something warm, and binge-watch a new show. As people are always looking for good shows to watch, I figured I'd provide my readers with a plethora of options this holiday season. Some of these are my personal favorites and others are suggestions from friends and family. Enjoy!

1. Outlander

The better question is, are you ready? I could just leave this beautiful specimen here and let you find out what the series is about for yourself. However, I will provide you with a brief description of each show I've listed.

Outlander is based on a series of best-seling novels written by Diana Gabaldon. The show won this year's E! People's Choice Award for "The Bingeworthy Show of 2019", and has won many other awards since the show first aired in 2014. In this thrilling drama, Claire Randall, a British Army nurse is on her second honeymoon in Scotland with her husband Frank in the year 1946. While, exploring the nearby sights, she unexpectedly finds herself transported back to the year 1743, where she stumbles upon a handsome Highland warrior named Jamie Fraser. From the moment she falls into this foreign world, she's forced to choose between the new life that she's fallen into or running back to the life she once knew, as well as the men that come with those decisions.

This is a show that is sure to never disappoint. It's full of history, excitement, romance, adventure, and lots of drama to keep you on your toes. The first two seasons of the show can be streamed on Netflix and all four seasons can be streamed on Starz or Amazon Prime. Better start now Sassenach, season five airs February 16, 2020!

2. Game of Thrones

Before you write off Game Of Thrones, throw away every second-hand comment you've hear about the show and watch it for yourself. Is it graphic? Yes. Is the plot extremely intricate and complicated? Yes. Is it a great show? Yes.

This medieval fantasy drama is based off of a series of novels written by George R. R. Martin and later adapted into an American television series for HBO. Even if you've never seen the show, you've probably seen the beautiful places it's been filmed. The show has been primarily produced and filmed in Croatia, Iceland, Ireland, Malta, Morocco, and Spain. The series centers around the noble families of the the Seven Kingdoms, or of the realm. While some fight for their independence, others are fighting to sit on the Iron Throne.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Another relatable and ingenious show by Amy Sherman-Palladino!

Rachel Brosnahan immediately captures your heart, makes you laugh, and makes your life feel a little less crazy. In this Amazon original series, "a housewife in the 1950s decides to become a stand-up comic". As if her class, sophistication, and style weren't enough, she's intoxicatingly blunt and hilarious. She's a visionary for her time. For some comedic relief, you can stream the first two seasons of this show on Amazon. The third season is set to premiere on December 6th, so get excited!

Here's a sneak peak at Season Three !

Grey's Anatomy

Is there anything Shonda Rhimes can't do? Should we be taking count of how many times this woman has moved us to tears? Because I think I've already lost count. This woman creates television masterpieces that hold meaning, morals, and messages that leave impressions on our hearts, our days, and our lives. If that's not art, or mastery, I'm not sure what is.

Grey's Anatomy is one of the longest running television series to date, airing back in 2005 and currently on its sixteenth season. This medical drama includes romance, excitement, and lots of surgeries. So, if you squirm at blood... maybe not the show for you. Here's a trailer for season 16, as well as one for the mid-season premiere airing on January 23rd!

Sex and the City

Grab your girlfriends, grab your wine, it's time to binge!

Sex and The City is one of the most well-written shows of our time in my opinion. The show was intended to be "frank - and female first" (Marissa Blanchard). Darren Star, creator of the HBO series, explains "From the beginning I wanted it to be a show about independent women who were not looking to define themselves by a man. They are women who are career oriented, sexually free, and always about putting themselves and their friendship with each other first" he says, in an interview with Melissa Blanchard on the 20th Anniversary of the series. The show was revolutionary for its time and continues to relate and connect with generations today. Darren Star has created a series that is truly timeless. Do yourself a favor, go watch it in its entirety. All of the seasons can be streamed through HBO or Amazon Prime!

Scandal

No one wears the "white hat" quite like Olivia Pope!

With her team of "gladiators in suits", Olivia Pope, deemed the best fixer in Washington D.C., can solve and fix just about any problem that comes her way.

Shameless

Shameless, currently on its tenth season, depicts deep south-side Chicago in it's most comedically honest light. Instead of giving you an in-depth description of this plot. I think I'll just leave this trailer here and let you decide how you feel about the Gallaghers. Considering how sheltered some people are, you'll either be completely shell-shocked that people such as this exist, or feel right at home and think it's f***ing hilarious. Either way, it can be streamed on Showtime, Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu!

Gossip Girl

"You know you love me, xoxo, Gossip Girl..."

Spotted! Another series that is timeless.

Gossip Girl ..

Black Mirror

The Crown

Designated Survivor

Stranger Things

The Office

Big Little Lies

I personally have not watched this one yet. However, I got multitude of suggestions to watch this one from family, friends, and readers. So, it must be a good one!

Big Little Lies...

Friends

Can you every really go wrong with a Friends marathon?