Biggest And Best Kept Secret About Finding A Good Man

The tell-all qualities you should look for in your soul mate.

75
Quote Addicts

In a world of swiping right on Tinder and Netflix and chill, it can be hard to find the right man for yourself. Don’t get me wrong, I am a fan of tinder and Netflix (not so much the chill part, I’m still holding onto the option of becoming a nun if I don’t get married in a few years). I think it is important that as strong independent women, we take a moment to rethink what we are looking for. Here are my top recommendations for finding the perfect man that will share his Netflix password with you.

1. Find a man who knows which “you’re” to use.

Okay, so this has to be number one on everyone’s list. I also feel like it’s pretty self-explanatory. If a man can’t figure out the difference between your and you’re then you just simply can’t have a conversation with them. Now I know what YOU’RE thinking (see what I did there?) is”ur” okay to use? I will leave that one up to you!

2. Find a man who returns the shopping cart to the return station in the parking lot.

Okay I know that is worded weird, but the return station for the shopping cart can be a huge tell all of a man’s character. Okay, maybe not really but this is important! As annoying as returning a shopping cart can be, a man who chooses to do it is definitely a keeper, don’t RETURN him! (yeah, I know, enough of the puns.)

3. Find a man who loves animals.

This will really tell you about a man’s character, some may disagree and say that it should be “kids” instead, but kids are not my cup of tea — I like fainting goats, miniature piglets, and dogs. With that being said, any man of man has to love animals and be okay with the fact that I may go to the store and come home with 5 dogs, 2 cats, 1 miniature pony, and an iguana.

4. Find a man who opens the door for you.

So I am a firm believer that chivalry is only partially dead, like it’s currently on life support but there is a chance for a recovery. A man opening a door is sweet, considerate, but also be mindful that it could just be a way for him to check you out. I guess we have to give a little to get a little, ladies. Totally kidding!

5. Find a man who is loyal.

Loyalty is extremely important. You need a man who is just as loyal as your dog. Greet you at the door, give you a kiss on the face, bring you a bone or a toy to play with — okay maybe too far, but loyalty should not be overlooked in a relationship.

6. Find a man who isn’t afraid to make a fool out of himself.

Life can get a little difficult at times and bad days are bound to come around, you definitely want a man who isn’t afraid to go the extra mile to put a smile on your face or have a good time.

7. Find a man who knows pop culture.

Okay, so this one isn’t mandatory in any way BUT it is nice if your man knows that nobody puts Baby in a corner.

8. Find a man who breaks for birds — and squirrels, and rabbits.

A man who is considerate about the pedestrian tendencies of wildlife, is clearly one that has a heart of gold.

9. Find a man who loves the Lord.

Love is very important in any relationship, but a man's love for the Lord is the most important.

10. Find a man who loves his mama.

Here is the second most important love a man should have.

These ten things, among many others will be the key to not only finding a good man, but a great one. Sure there are tons of fish in the sea, but not every fish is a keeper. Don't be afraid to throw back the bad ones and keep looking for one who meets the criteria above.